Potion Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by J-Factor, Jul 25, 2011.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Right now all I use Alchemy for is Health/Mana potions and the absurd boost to distilling (which might have to be toned down - I'm drowning in Brandy right now). Lets change that:

New Ideas:

<b>Potion of Haste</b>
    - Gives "Haste" buff: You can perform 2 actions per turn
    - Lasts for 7 turns

<b>Flubber Fluid</b>
    - Gives "Bouncy" buff: All enemies that damage you with melee are knocked back
    - Lasts for 5 hits

<b>Sleeping Potion</b>
    - Gives "Potion of Lively Regeneration" buff
    - Gives "Asleep" debuff: Auto passes turns until 20 turns have passed or you are damaged

<b>Potion of Focus</b>
    - Gives "Extreme Focus" buff/debuff: Reduces sight radius to 1 tile, increases trap affinity by 2 (and other stats I guess)
    - Lasts for 10 turns

Re-balancing:

<b>Spatial Instability Infusion</b>
    - Teleports you to a random location in the entire level, not just in a close vicinity

<b>Solution of Gold</b>
    - Gives "Acid Burn" debuff
    - For every tick of damage from the acid burn you spit out 100 zorkmids

<b>Potion of Midas</b>
    - Applies "Curse of the Golden Ratio" on hit

<b>Potion of Clear Vision</b>
    - Lets you see through walls
    - Also let the max level Perception skill do this (instead of just changing its description)

2. Kagemaru

Kagemaru Member

I like a couple of those ideas, but Potion of Focus would be worthless...1 tile sight range? Focus doesn't mean you lose sight of everything, just whatever you're not focusing on. Maybe increase your trap sight range and decrease your regular sight range (focusing on traps instead of monsters and treasure), or somethin like that. Otherwise, some cool ideas. Except I like solution of gold just turning your insides into 16 zorkmids even though it sells for like 86.