1.0 Possible cause of Stuttering/Walking in place bug.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Snej, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Snej

Snej Member

So, I'd just like to add my two cents.

When I reached a higher population count (in the region of 80+), I started experiencing a pretty heavy hit to the framerate. Running an i5 processor and GTX 970, so I'm not really lacking for processing power. I'm not too concerned about this though, as I'm sure that'll be resolved with time.

However, the stuttering and walking in place bug (where the colonists will pause every half second or so) has occurred on two settlements now. The first one was abandoned and I deleted the save. The second one I messed around with for a bit to try and figure out what was causing it. I was attempting to get the "For the love of God, Monstresor!" achievement, and see what happened when all of the colonists died (out of morbid curiosity, I suppose). The stuttering began to occur shortly after I deleted all of the buildings except for the one with no door and a colonist inside. It took something in the region of 5 minutes to advance one 'unit' of time on the counter (i.e. from Morning to Noon) on 2x game speed. After clicking around on colonists and looking at the current job or activity, it seemed that several of the labourers were attempting to "Sleep: Indoors" but were unable to enter the building as the building had no door. Demolishing the building resolved the stuttering issue, and the game resumed running at a normal speed.

So it seems to happen when a colonist is attempting to execute an impossible command? At least that is how it seems. Hopefully this helps.

Oh, and keep up the great work. I thoroughly enjoyed Dungeons of Dredmor, and the 60 hours I've played of CE now. I can't wait to see how this game progresses, and what new unearthly horrors await.

Exile likes this.