Windows Vista/7 32-bit Pocket dimension - losing items and experience

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mashirafen, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

I cleared out a monster zoo on level 2, and now when I try to travel to the pocket dimension weirdness happens with my inventory and experience. I lose items I got after clearing the zoo, and any experience too (it even takes me down a level) and regain some items that I used up in the course of clearing the zoo out. If I exit the pocket dimension it places me back in the empty zoo room in the same spot every time (which wasn't where I was when I completed it, and I don't even know if I entered the pocket dimension while in that space). If I go down to level 3 and enter the dimension, the same happens but when I leave I come out stuck in a wall.

I did save once in the pocket dimension earlier before I first tried visiting a wizardland, but this was a while before encountering the zoo and so on.

I'm using a bunch of mods but I can't imagine any of them are responsible.

I tried uploading a zip of the save, but the uploader didn't like it. I'll upload it elsewhere with a link if needed.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We're working on this issue.

3. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

I'm having what I believe to be the same issue. I also cleared a monster zoo recently, although this happened to me on level 3, and it wasn't my first monster zoo. I go to the pocket dimension, and my inventory is returned to how it was the last time I left it. Presumably my experience is being reset as well, but I hadn't noticed. When I return from the pocket dimension, it places me not in the monster zoo, but near the middle of the map, actually in a place I hadn't explored yet. At my departure point, it shows another "Me" icon, as well as the one where I actually am. When I get near the departure point, my game crashes. I attempted to go to the return point first, and leave from there, so that it was both my departure point and arrival point, and the game crashed as soon as I tried to leave the pocket dimension. I am not using any mods. Hopefully this can be fixed soon, as I was having a lot of fun on that character.

4. OnyxAlchemyst

OnyxAlchemyst Member

I've had the exact same thing happen to me. I was all the way on level 7 though, so this bug has me rather upset. At least I know I'm not alone, and the issue will hopefully addressed.

5. Daynab

This issue should be resolved for the next hotfix, I was told it was fixed.

6. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

The whole Pocket Dimension thing seems to be pretty buggy right now. I'm also having this problem with it. Or rather, it's causing problems with other things.

7. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

Which one is that?

8. Daynab

Losing items, or the character reverting.

9. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

I meant which hotfix, sorry.

10. Daynab

Oh, the one that isn't out just yet, it's gonna be a big one.

11. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

That's good. I've given up on playing until the Pocket Dimension issues are fixed. They keep destroying great characters :(

Any ETA on its release?

democanarchis likes this.
  12. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

...Crap. I just can't stay away. Sigh...

Edit: Gah, another character made unplayable by the glitches. Okay, I think I can stay away now