Please allow "Click to move" to be optional.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Elboat, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Elboat

Elboat Member

Hi. My right mouse button has a little problem where every so often it'll click twice or even three times from one click. I've had the problem for AGES but it's never once effected any video game I've played until I played DoD.

I love playing spellcaster type classes on this game but because of this issue I'm unable to enjoy myself because no matter what I do I ALWAYS find myself dying the exact same way, by right click on a mob to cast a spell and instead- running into it and KICKING it. Which of course means I'm now surrounded by 2-3 mobs all smashing me to death. I've literally never died any other way on my casters or crossbow users and it's starting to annoy me a little so please. PLEASE put this option in the next update, it would make this game 10x better than it already is.

2. jareddm

jareddm Member

You can click while you're walking to stop a move right where you stand.

Though honestly, it sounds like you're better off just getting a new mouse.

3. Elboat

Elboat Member

I never use click to move anyway, I always use WASD to move around.

4. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Same thing seems to happen when the game is lagging (due to excessive blood splatter) - right clicks get interpreted as left clicks.

5. Marak

Marak Member

hitting any hotkey will stop you from walking while you're in "click to move" mode: spacebar, the inventory/character/skills/quest hotkeys, clicking again... there's lots of ways to put on the brakes.

But yeah, sounds like a new mouse wouldn't be a terrible investment.

6. rederick

rederick Member

Happens to me all the time as well Elboat, might just be part of the right-clicking bug the devs are addressing with the next patch.

Trying to right-click during an enemy phase instead of waiting until it's done seems to act as a left click, and not only for targeting, it happens when trying to select items in your hotbar to right click, though that's more of an annoyance than something potentially deadly with targeting.

7. Desi

Desi Member

Why don't you get a new mouse? They are cheap as chips.

8. Elboat

Elboat Member

My mouse is a Roccat Pyra. It's a small gaming mouse which was around £60 when I bought it two years ago. Hardly cheap :p

@rederick, I've noticed this too and it's REALLY annoying.

"Ok, I'm on low health with no where to go, but so is he and I KNOW this crossbow bolt will kill him if it lands" *kick* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

9. Ratha

Ratha Member

I would like an option to disable click to move as well.

10. Tytaine

Tytaine Member

I constantly have problems when trying to use crossbows, atleast half the time I walk up to them instead of shooting. I'm not in super reflex mode(Fps's are for that.) to click again before I am in their face when this happens either.

I doubt it's his/my mouse, the game is responding to the click, just in the wrong way.
    I've had the double click thing happen occasionally, but I changed the double click speed on windows recently=no more double clicking.

11. Desi

Desi Member

@Elboat I use a Logitech G3. It's discontinued, but one of the few ambidextrous gaming mice out there. Can still get them from eBay, though. I like ambidextrous mice because instead of sticking the side buttons on the left side, there is one on the left and one on the right, so there's no misfiring on my part. I highly recommend it.

The only ambidextrous mouse after that is a Steelseries Xai. =(

12. Elboat

Elboat Member

Well the reason I use the Pyra is because it's small. I don't have big hands and many/every other gaming mouse I've seen are HUGE.