Pick up items on the ground

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jordyelsenor, Jul 17, 2011.

1. jordyelsenor

jordyelsenor Member

Adding an option that items go Directly in our inventory or in our belt et cetera.

2. lazareth

lazareth Member

You mean like picking up the item and dropping it on your character?
    Yeah I know, not so obvious, I found out only recently that it worked like that :p

It automatically fills your belt, then your inventory and it makes sure to stack items when it can.

3. Serith

Serith Member

There is always Shift+Click as well.

4. Econael

Econael Member

OMG Shift+Click!!!
    Why wasn't this mentioned in the tutorial m)

5. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I think the suggestion is for items to act like zorkmids.

6. jordyelsenor

jordyelsenor Member

Iazareth Yeah when we do shift + click (thanks serith) it works but not when we only click on it. Yeah j-factor I have not tought of that but it will be great if the items act like zorkmids.

7. lazareth

lazareth Member

@Jordyelsenor when you click on an item (without shift) you get it in your hand. If you drop something in your hand on your character it works like if you had shift-clicked on it. Usually when picking something up by hand the cursor is right by your character. I prefer that over shift-clicking, but they're more or less the same.

If by act like zorkmids you mean pick up when walking over it then god no. I sometimes (now rarely, but still) drop items deliberately. Would be horrid to have autopicking and walking over a square with a junked item. Also as it is now picking up an item takes a turn, walking over a pile of Z doesn't.

8. jordyelsenor

jordyelsenor Member

But its not a problem if you can activate /desactivate the autopicking option and it can take a turn too.

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We now have auto-loot and click-to-pickup buttons sprinkled throughout the game. They seem to work, too. Patch 1.0.3 will make things better.

Having these two things *really* changes the game, actually. It's very odd.

10. jordyelsenor

jordyelsenor Member

Great :) Im excited to try it .