OS X Lion Patch 1.0.9 Hotfix, Steam File Structure

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by saneman, Dec 28, 2011.

1. saneman

saneman Member

Hi All,

I am new to Lion, and I'm rooting around the file structure for the location of Steam's games so that I can replace the buggy 1.0.9 with the hotfixed app. The problem is that I can't find Steam's game apps in either ~HD/Library/Application Support or ~HD/Applications/Steam/Contents/MacOS/Steam/Games.

Where is the dredmor.app located in Lion?

---

EDIT:

Answer: The Library is hidden. Click "Go" in Finder's menu bar. Hold 'alt.' Click 'Library.' Then ~Steam/SteamApps/common/Dungeons of Dredmor/Contents/MacOS, & replace the dredmor file.

Loading saves past level 1 now works! (But the loading is slow...)

2. saneman

saneman Member

Also, the achievements 98 Pound Weakling and I Tink, Therefore I am do not trigger.

3. nebre8

nebre8 Member

alternatively, use good file management software for the Mac (Macintosh Explorer for e.g.) - hidden folders were making me miserable, but not any more

4. Eadeve

Eadeve Member

They do trigger, just don't have your steam window open while you play. It seems to have an issue updating achievement progress like that.

5. saneman

saneman Member

With Steam's window closed & Steam hidden in the background, achievements still did not trigger.

OS 10.7.2, DoD:RotDG 1.0.9

6. nebre8

nebre8 Member

having successfully patched the game with the hotfix, I am back to square one with the latest patch, 1.09 B. Save games won't load. Cursed by the Mac gods yet again!

Attached Files: