Ordered my first air mouse...

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Aegho, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

A Neo Reflection 3D. Korean make, what reviews and video I've seen look good.

Bought it mainly for my laptop for travel, but might use it for the desktop to relieve my wrist for browsing and light gaming(nothing first person/action, but probably good enough for some turn-based games).

I hope it's good, but won't know for a while, delivery time is 2-3 weeks.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I had never heard of these, but they look kinda cool. Be sure to let us know how it feels.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Aegho

Aegho Member

I was originally doing a search for glove mouse, saw there were finger mice, searched for that, and eventually that led me to searching for gyro mice and air mice, and I finally settled for this one because:
    1) It's small and light, perfect for travel, and less tiring for the hand.
    2) Looks to be pretty accurate and easy to use.
    3) 24 hour battery life, on a full charge (90 minutes to charge) via USB, no bringing extra batteries(again good for travel, and the wallet too).

Most gyro/air mouse variants I saw quite frankly were stupidly designed. Often tv-remote-control styled, or like a mouse with a trigger on the underside(hold trigger to activate cursor), which is stupid, because you're not holding it like a mouse! You hold it so you have a thumb to activate 2 mouse buttons and a scroll wheel, and your index finger for the trigger. Wouldn't it be smarter to have the buttons on the back, where your fingers are, and activate the cursor with your thumb? *facepalm*

The other exception was a Taiwanese Wiimote inspired thing called the CyWee Z, which could be changed into different configurations, including a pistol shape. But it looked a bit big and cumbersome, especially for travel. It was cheaper though.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  4. Aegho

Aegho Member

And while I was at it with the late christmas presents for myself... bought a 3TB seagate HDD, a plextor dvd burner(my current one was scavanged from my previous PC and has proven unreliable) and a ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customisation laser mouse... most expensive mouse I ever bought(even more than that Neo Reflection air mouse), but my old Rapier V2 is getting pretty mangy(though there's no functional problems with it, cheap and good quality build!).

5. Aegho

Aegho Member

Well the above late christmas presents has arrived(HDD, burner, roccat mouse), and I love the mouse! I was prepared for a breaking in period where I had to relearn how to use it. Nope. Went straight into Serious Sam 3: BFE and did better than with my old one right off the bat! Amazing mouse! The only downer is the rather usual thumb button placement that is a bit high for my liking, especially since the closer one is supposed to be a shift switch that changes what the other buttons do while you hold it down.

EDIT PS:: the hdd and dvd burner also work flawlessly, even burned a CD at x48 speed without error.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  6. Aegho

Aegho Member

The air mouse has arrived! Charging it now, I'm so excited!

... and the manual is in korean hangul(with a little english in some of the pictures).

Update: Wow, this thing is so intuitive and easy to use! The only slight problem is that it's a bit tricky to keep the pointer still while clicking, but it's a learnable skill. Also it's pretty much impossible to hold one mouse button down and click with the other, like many shooters require(aim down sights), though I suppose you can rebind that to keyboard.

Update2: Yeah tried with far cry 3 to see how it would work with a shooter, even rebinding aim down sights to spacebar... no this thing is not suitable for shooters.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014