Omerta: City of Gangsters.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

Anyone else been awaiting this one? It's a lot like XCOM. With both a strategic layer, and tactical turnbased combat. It's even got a cover system like the latest XCOM, however it has action points and movement points, more like Fallout 1&2 than the XCOM system, and individual initiative order(rather than both sides taking full turns with all men).

If you want it semi-cheap, get the preorder from gog.com, don't buy it on steam if you're in europe at least. On steam it's €45 full price, taken down to €38 with the 15% discount... on gog.com it's $40 full price, taken down to $34 with the 15% discount. $34 = €25. So this is quite a bit cheaper.

Release date: Jan 31.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

It looked interesting but I really didn't understand if the whole thing was turn based or just the combat. If it's something that can be played totally at a leisurely pace (like XCom), I might want to pick it up. But if you have to make fast decisions in real time, well that's not really the kind of game I'm looking for (I'm a slow thinker, and like to take my time).

OmniaNigrum likes this.