Okay, where's Dredmor?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by RDubyoo, Jul 26, 2012.

1. RDubyoo

RDubyoo Member

I'm at level 15 of the dungeon. I've got all the expansions thus far and no mods. Trouble is, I've cleared out level 15 and there's still no sign of Dredmor. Where is he? What happened to him? I'm kind of upset about this because I put a lot of time into this character, but now that it's time for the big showdown he's nowhere to be seen. I've even tried blowing holes through a few walls with no luck.

What's going on here? Is there anyway I can make him appear? Because if not, this is a pretty damning bug, and frankly I don't see any reason to purchase the next expansion if game-breaking bugs like this are going to sneak up on me right when I'm on the verge of beating the game.

2. Frelus

Frelus Member

I believe (never met him -.-) that he teleports. Looks like he is trolling you.
    Just search for him some more.
    Also, when in doubt, the enemy is always right behind you[/TF2 Spy].

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Now, RDubyoo, don't jump to the conclusion of a game breaking bug. this isn't Dungeon siege where the Final boss never showed up for me. :(

He should be on the floor. Keep exploring every room you see, and constantly enter Satantic displacement traps to see if there's a hidden section of the level via a level design mess up.
    He will be there on that floor.

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You simply were unlucky and he spawned in a hidden room. Use an area-of-effect ability or item on walls that you think might be destructible (try those that have enough room behind them to hide a room), and you'll find him eventually.

5. RDubyoo

RDubyoo Member

Well, alright, I'll try again and change my mind... IF I find him.

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Don't worry. You'll find him. The odds of a glitch this big is extremely small.
    There's no reason to be angry over it.

7. RDubyoo

RDubyoo Member

Okay, he was sealed away in a room in the top left corner of the map along with a Diggle God shrine. Took him down. Sigh. Somewhat relieved now but still kind of annoyed.

8. Glazed

Glazed Member

Trying to find a random hidden room can be a pain. What you could try doing is this:
    1. Open your current game and expand the map to it's largest size.
    2. Take a screenshot and save it to a file.
    3. Quit the game and relaunch it in debug mode.
    4. Make sure the map is full size again.
    5. Press the Shift-L debugging key command to reveal the entire map while staring intently in the middle of the map. Hopefully you will notice some room pop into existence that you haven't seen before. If not, take another screenshot and compare the two maps to try to see what changed.
    With this technique you should have no problem finding the hidden room. I know I wouldn't want to go around trying to blow up every wall in an entire dungeon to find Dredmor. The game is cheesing you, so just cheese it back.

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. Glazed

Glazed Member

Wait, so it wasn't even hidden? You just didn't explore the whole map? :p

10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

It was probably the Diggle God of Secrets, whose room is cleverly disguised as a normal room without anything in it. I think it has breakable walls, though.

On a related note, I'd really appreciate it if we could prevent rooms that require wall breaking, digging, or teleporting from showing up on floor 15.

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

While I like your idea banjo2E, I would rather that level 15 be a custom level. No random layout. Something special and hard.

12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

:eek:
    This will surprise you, Omni, and I'm sure the four horsemen will ride now, but I agree with you on this.
    It is the final floor, and it's super random now, which can cause a complete pain in the rear.
    Of course, this idea would break one of the biggest features of Roguish Renovation, and then Llcorp will beat you up, Omni, but still, I do agree with you.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. mining

mining Member

Random is good. Static is boring.

14. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

True. How about a compromise. The floor is mostly random, but Dredmor is statically placed inside a special room, so you don't have to hunt all over for him?

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That is a good idea, actually. It makes it harder to "lose" Dredmor.

OmniNegro likes this.
  16. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Why don't we just limit the Diggle God of Secrets shrine to floor 10-14, instead of floor 10-15 like the other diggle gods?

17. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Putting Dredmor in a throne room is probably a good idea actually.

18. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I agree, throne room would be nice and less anticlimatic than finding him in a one-tile wide hidden room, imagine him hiding in a closet afraid of you :p

19. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

OH GOD THAT BROWZ DUDE IS HERE.

GET TO DA CHOPPA