Official Dungeons of Dredmor Costume Contest

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by dbaumgart, Oct 4, 2011.

1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

From the post here.

"
    Here's how it works:
    1. Dress up in a Dungeons of Dredmor themed costume. Whatever you want, it should probably be way better than my idea there.
    2. Send us a picture of yourself looking totally awesome (email: contact AT gaslampgames.com). Or post a picture in the forums. I'll even make a thread for it. It'll be fun.
    3. We'll choose a winner to receive a fabulous prize. Or winners. Or prizes. I'm kinda making this up as I go along, but we'll certainly give you a spooky tomb with your name on it in the second level of the Dungeons Of Dredmor and maybe even a unique artifact item in the game for everyone to find. And maybe some more fun stuff...
    Let's say the deadline is November 8, 2011-- this gives you lots of time to confound your friends by dressing up for Halloween as something they've probably never heard of.
    "

I have no idea if this will work. All I know is that the internet is full of crazy people and we're excited to see what happens.

Daynab and tcjsavannah like this.
  2. dbaumgart

I've pushed the contest deadline back by a week; the point was raised that no one has their Halloween pictures by the morning after (and anyone drunk enough to dress as a diggle certainly isn't).

Also made the prizes a bit more open-ended. By November 8 we might have some more fancy stuff to give away than in-game tombs. You'll see!

We may also have to break the ice on this with the Gaslamp team dressed up as things from Dredmor.

3. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

I'd love to get in on this, but I've never celebrated Halloween. I am definitely looking forward to costume pics though. Pumpkins too, if anyone does that sort of thing.

"So chic!"

4. Android089

Android089 Member

YES! the whole team with paper diggle noses!

Marak likes this.
  5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

The neighborhood I currently live in is primarily orthodox Jewish and they don't celebrate it because they consider it a Christian holiday. My non-Jewish friends laugh at that, but it actually makes sense considering the pagan origins of almost every major Christian holiday. Halloween feels funny to me nowadays because I don't get to give out candy to all the little munchkins.

6. dbaumgart

I guess I did mention Halloween, but consider it just a loose association. This isn't the "Official Dungeons of Dredmor Halloween Costume Contest", it's the "Official Dungeons of Dredmor Costume Contest".

And when you get down to it do you really need an excuse to dress up like a diggle? We won't judge.

7. wirdal

wirdal Member

Hmmmm, i might go as dredmor. Get like a walking stick and tape some little wing like things with a faintly glowing blue ball and wear a purple robe/towel for the robe and maybe a towel turban type thing

8. schtick

schtick Member

I always find Halloween to be a bit creepy myself. Don't quite know why. Maybe its the thought of all those little ones in witches and mummy costumes. Maybe I'm still a little creeped out by the Millenium Halloween episode where Frank Black sees demons in his neighbourhood, and strange things happen around him. I don't know.

Anyway, I think I might go as a Diggle Commando. Sneak up on people without them knowing and steal all their sweeties. Waah haa haa haa hahh. And then knowing my luck, get hit over the head with a large axe by a drunk guy with really big eyebrows. Halloween is weeird ...

9. Inferno232

Inferno232 Member

Nobody entered this? Wow. I need some construction paper, a traffic cone, and a silk shirt, stat.

10. Ashyr

Ashyr Member

Presenting Doctor Diggle, billionaire industrialist, international terrorist and professional model.

http://imgur.com/a/djwXs#OvJJT

Here's a few photos of me putting it together.

http://imgur.com/a/wrJju

All photos were taken with my crappy camera phone, so my apologies there.

Daynab, Sade, Vykk Draygo and 3 others like this.
  11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I've got an Eyebrows costume in the works. I hope I can get it posted in time. :)

12. Godwin

Godwin Member

I'm tempted to go as a thrusty, but I'm not certain people would want to see that :p

13. Godwin

Godwin Member

All kidding aside, I present to you:

Electroblobby!

(ok I lied, the kidding has only just begun :p)
    This larger than life lump of electricity-wielding goo is the latest in costume fashion! State of the art blobbiness!

Have I convinced the jury yet? :p

The pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS: My girlfriend who took the pictures had a field day... she was laughing so hard that she couldn't take the pictures and I had to stand there for what seemed like hours (slowly suffocating) :confused:

Sade, brobbeh, Marak and 2 others like this.
  14. dbaumgart

Yes! You people are awesome!

I'm going to probably just have to be lame about it and make everybody a winner. But hey, I'm getting a huge kick out of seeing people's creations.

And Gaslamp is going to have to do a picture with us all wearing diggle-noses next time we meet up. Solidarity and all that.

15. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

I hope you got my entry via e-mail, but just in case, here is a record of my heroic exploits defeating a dastardly-dangerous crimson diggle:

diggle 2.jpg diggle1.JPG

dehodson, Sade, Marak and 2 others like this.
  16. Orion

Orion Member

My entry, victory over the deadly diggle menace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sade, Marak, Daynab and 1 other person like this.
  17. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Behold, and DESPAIR!

"Krong is Pleased With You"
    [​IMG]

"Congratulations, You Have Died!"
    [​IMG]

"LEVEL UP!"
    [​IMG]

Sade, Marak, Godwin and 3 others like this.
  18. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Here's a few of the nerdiest ones:

"Collapses in a Pile of Squirts of Squirt"
    [​IMG]

"Player 1 Idle"
    [​IMG]

"Burnt Murder"
    [​IMG]

k0rd and Marak like this.
  19. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Draft, I didn't get my stuff together in time. :( Oh, well. Next year. :)

20. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

This isn't really a costume, but I couldn't find the appropriate thread...

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas everyone!

Essence likes this.