Official Beta 1.0.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well I'm lost as to the code above. Maybe someone can get it to work but that's consistently broken it for me no matter how I change it. I wish I could just get back to the version that worked but I don't know what that is any more.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

When I get a chance to tinker a bit, I'll see if I can get it to work. :)

3. Null

Got it working again. If you change pretty much anything though this'll break.

Oh, nevermind. I changed something and therefore everything breaks even when if I use the code that was here.

I think at this point whether or not it crashes is decided at the startup or dungeon generation or something because the same exact xml seems to randomly work fine or crash.

4. Android089

Android089 Member

When is this patch coming out? Or has it already come out? (Am i crazy?)

5. Godwin

Godwin Member

Dunno (soon TM). No. (possibly)

6. Essence

Someone want to test this? I don't have time (lots of work this week):

What happens if you create two different mods and they both add templates (different templates), but both of those templates have the same TemplateID number?

That ought to really get Nicholas' head throbbing. :(

7. Some notes from my playing/suggestions:

a) Quick-sell seems to be busted. I couldn't do it anymore. Did how you do it change?
    b) We need craftable stuff for the new slots, and some armors should be in the new slots instead of the old slots
    c) It feels like weapon skills are now underpowered a bit with the change, especially unarmed.
    d) When did vampirism change to 3 points of health instead of 4? It needs to scale slightly I think. (maybe 3 +1 per 10 points of magic)

8. Copycat Zero

Copycat Zero Member

I'm fairly certain these two are bugs, not intentional changes.

9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty sure vampirism still scales with magic power, so if you had heavy armor that may explain it. Quick Sell is definitely a bug with the beta which is will be fixed for the release.

10. Essence

QFT

11. Godwin

Godwin Member

Isn't that also because of the lack of bad weapon penalty (that I personally regret :p)?

12. I meant the second vampirism skill, not the one you get at start.

I feel vampirism is one of those skill trees that it's a no-brainer to not lvl up in, as the additional skills aren't that useful.

13. Musaab

Musaab Member

I think bad weapon penalty should stay. Think about it: I am expert with a sword, so I can take anyone on with one, but hand me a staff...I don't know how to use this thing, I'm about to get my ass kicked. *swings it around wildly*

14. Null

Do you realize there are bonuses and things, nobody said the trees disappeared. If you're a master with the sword and you'll be a master with a sword. A staff can be used but you're just not nearly as effective with it.

15. Those bonuses are expensive, and not as valuable as they used to be.

That said, buff the bonuses, the game becomes easier, monsters may need to be buffed a bit in the expansion.

Oh: another issue: with Brax (and not vendors) Item costs try to charge you per item for bolts and missiles, instead of one batch sum.