Windows Vista/7 64-bit Odd semiunresponsiveness bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Psy-Kosh, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Psy-Kosh

Psy-Kosh Member

Am using runecasting mod (which is awesome, as others have noted :)), in case that's relevant.

Anyways, encountered odd bug where the game has stopped taking input seemingly... but it still notices mouse position and such. For example, I can mouse over an enemy or item to get the info, but if I click, or use keyboard or whatever, it just completely ignores it right now. I don't know what triggered it or how to reproduce it, sadly. First time I've ever encountered it.

The game seems to be running okay now other than, well, ignoring any commands. Monster animations are still running, eyebrows is doing his idle animation, etc. Just doesn't respond. Obviously I could force a close of the game, but I figured I should at least mention the existence of this bug if it's presently unknown.

I realize so far my only two posts to this forum have been bug complains, so I want to also say that I like the game quite a bit. I just figured I ought mention this issue.

Bohandas likes this.
  2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I've encountered this issue as well; it's quite frustrating.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Nicholas was looking into it recently, but didn't find a way to reproduce it yet.

4. Psy-Kosh

Psy-Kosh Member

Alright, if I figure out anything further that might be relevant to reproducing it, I'll mention it. Oh, I had my inventory open at the time and I was on level 3.

5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I've been getting this bug increasingly often lately and I think that its somehow related to the update from earlier this summer because I can't ever remember it happening before the patch.

6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Here's something that may be relevant. The most recent time that it happened to me I noticed that my life was supposedly "-128" (a result of using Drinker of the Dead while under the influence of an overpowered debuff from ASCII invasion that reduces health regen by over 100)

I think that this bug (or at least one form of it, as I've also encountered it with non-vampire characters who had no healing skills scaling off of stats that can go below zero) may have something to do with being harmed and/or reduced to fewer than zero hit points by healing effects.

7. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Having a negative health value via negative healing will lock up your game, yes. The game doesn't know what to do with that, hence it locks up.

Kazeto likes this.