Windows XP Not working saves.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by wolfsnd, Jun 14, 2012.

1. wolfsnd

wolfsnd Member

Hi, I've a issue with saves that instead of load they move to main menu, it's occurred second time after a few successful loadings. At first time corrupted was user save so I've used autosave and lost only a little bit of progress but today I've only autosave and what's important, there's no screenshot (only black rectangle) but skills icons and name of a hero are visible. Please fix that, thanks:) .

2. LkMax

LkMax Member

I'm having the same problem. I can't load my saved games anymore. Instead of a screenshot just a black screen appear and when I try to load the game I automatically go back to the title screen and the save files are deleted on the "Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor" directory. I tried reinstalling the game but it didn't work. Is there a way to solve this problem?

3. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

+1 to this bug, especially annoying because this was an otherwise successful random skills permadeath run, and both the main save and autosave are doing this. I assume this is a savegame corruption error of some sort? Any way to fix it once it's already happened?

4. LkMax

LkMax Member

I started a new game and I'm loading it sucessfully but now I fear loosing all my progress again. I don't mind dying because of permadeath but loosing all my stuff because of a bug pisses me off. >:-(

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Run the game without Steam and you shouldn't have an issue.

6. LkMax

LkMax Member

Nah, I'm making backups of the saved games directory every once in a while now, trying to get achievements and stuff (It's like replaying in a "challenge mode", trying to complete some achievements). That's the only reason I'm playing on steam instead of my DRM-free version - It's a "completionist" fad that I have. :rolleyes:

7. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Speaking of which, hurr durr playing for both teams fix pl0x