No Longer Responding To Input ( Possible Bad State Enemy )

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mersel, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Mersel

Mersel Member

I was at the 6th level and had just opened a monster zoo I processed to throw a Noxious Brimstone Flask then a few turns later I throw a second Noxious Brimstone Flask offset by one tile from the first. I then had 2 Noxious Brimstone Flask overlapping offset by one tile infront of the monster zoo so I tapped the space bar rapidly 3 to 4 times, seeing as no enemy could reach me in that amount of turns. This is when the bug occurred.

I shall now describe the bug in as much detail as possible. The player and all enemies as still animating, expect one mushroom which is in the center of both Noxious Brimstone Flask clouds, that one mushroom is no longer animating. I can still hover the cursor over all parts of the ui and still get dialog boxes, however when anything is clicked on it does not respond. As well the player no longer responds to key press or mouse clicks. When I hover over the non-animating mushroom the dialog box says It is dead. Although it is still standing, but It's tongue has disappeared.

It seems some how that non-animating mushroom is in some kinda of bad state ( If I had to guess I say it took damage from the second cloud after it was dead or something along those lines. ) and that is stalling the rest of my game. I still have the game up and running, my question is there any way to save my game. I know an auto save feature was added, but does it only work with crashes. If I close my game will I be able to load from the last floor or because this is a non-crash bug is my game lost.

I also have recorded footage if you want it and will try to leave my game running all night.

2. Mersel

Mersel Member

I tried opening a second dungeons of dredmor and manged to load the automatic save, just fine, but then the bugged one, crashed. I saved my game file, but the bug version has been lost. I still have the footage though.