New Skill Line (edit plz)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Archiez, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Archiez

Archiez Member

Ok pretty much I thought of this while I was in school so there is not much hard thought to it

The tittle of the skill line is called Monster Techit is revolved around the sword class and crafting
    monsters can only drop 1 item @ a time""from this skill line besides Monster Hunter Skill""

FEEL FREE TO EDIT THIS!!!!!!!

Carve and Cut - Your so used to fighting monsters you know just what part is actually edible
    and just which part is vital +2 :dmg_slashing: (slashing) 50% chance for target hit to drop flesh""

Flesh and Bones - Monsters are strong fighters, so are there body parts. Thats where you come in +2:dmg_slashing:(slashing)
    50% chance for target hit to drop bones""

Monster Hunter! - The bigger they are the more they drop.
    Basic attacks on "Boss monsters(special named monsters)" have a 50/50% chance to drop bones or flesh
    also you get +10 more exp from "Boss monsters(special named monsters)"
    +2:dmg_slashing: (slashing)

Flesh Chemist - There is "Super Natural" effects inside the flesh of monsters just put it in a flask
    and throw some powder on it, YOUR SET! 50% chance to drop organs +2:dmg_slashing:(slashing)

Hunter Master - +10:dmg_slashing: (slashing) 5 un-block-able damage

FEEL FREE TO EDIT THISS!!!!!!!!

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Now to have some random fun:

Depending on the exact settings, that might either be overpowered or underpowered - I don't really know if "flesh" here is supposed to be a separate ingredient item, or just the way you refer to meat-type food.

I think that instead of 'Flesh Crafting", you would have to go for simple crafting, or smithing, with all provided recipes being level 0 ones, and simply change all of them to require something you need this skill tree for, if what you intended was for this skill tree to introduce an alternate crafting ability.

Experience gain can only be flat, and not a percentual increase (though it might change in the future). You would also have to define just what "special monsters" are, as I doubt you simply mean the "other" taxa value.

I don't really know what is this skill supposed to do, but instead of rising a level of a parameter you won't be able to code in, perhaps giving characters a chance to drop a higher-level crafting ingredient used by this skill tree would be better.

It's not possible to have a percent-based damage, not now at least (and I doubt it'll ever become possible to make abilities that deal damage depending on maximum health).

3. Archiez

Archiez Member

Ok from what i read of yours i changed it, thanks flesh is a the food that heals 3 hp
    bones are also the same weapons because i didnt want bones to stack
    and the new change i did for Flesh Chemist is also a food that heals 3 hp
    i want bones to be crushed down into powder using the grinder