Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Profanity, Dec 12, 2011.
I was wondering, can the notes for be found anywhere?
Yay, new patch indeed, playing it now 1.08, steam
All I know is that my wand/pick abusing rogue is a bit less powerful now. Wand usage is a lot different.
I wish for mouse-wheel scrolling to eb added to the crafting menü .... pushing buttons to "scroll" down is bothersome if i have a wheel
PS: and it would be cool if the crafting menü also closes with a press on Esc, currently it ignores it.
I'd like to second the request for patch notes. I don't want to find out that my favourite skills have been nerfed only after investing hours in order to unlock them on a new playthrough.
All I can say is 1.08 is broken and crashes the game a lot on various tasks like I got a crash for just crafting.
A few changes I've noticed so far:
The new 5-point skill trees are in.
+ and - changing the animation speed works again after it was removed in 1.07(<3).
Wand Lore is completely redone. Wands have charges instead of entropy, all the active skills are gone (like recharging and rerolling wands), but you can craft new wands out of burnt-out ones now. Except the crafting kit for it requires alchemy instead of wandcrafting, so it's worthless. Whoops!
Wow! I can wear belts and pants now (and gloves)? And the lack of it wasn't intentional? I used to think that my character had delusions of being a Disney character and thus aptly named all of them with and animal at the end (e.g.: Rognar the Platypus, Johnny Cockroach, etc.).
Jokes aside, really cool stuff.
Hah, just received an achievement:
"Suddenly The Dungeon Collapses
This achievement is our way of saying "thank you for participating in our voluntary quality assurance program." "
one change (which made the game unplayable from my point of view) is the new crafting interface. you cannot use the crafting tools to store things anymore, which means less space for useless things you want to sell.
Well, they did double the inventory space.
On the topic of crafting, I was under the impression that they were going to do something about the amount of space crafting reagents take up in the inventory, but I haven't been able to find anything like that so far. Has anyone else had better luck?
and .. where?
my inventory is 48 (6x8) spaces big + 9 hotkey spaces. same as 1.0.7, but without the extra slots inside the crafting tools.
And just so you guys know.. 10.6.8 MacOs can't open the game either. So much for my Monday Night Dredmoring...
Here are the notes from http://www.gaslampgames.com/2011/12/12/patch-1-0-8-is-up-the-dlc-is-not/
CHANGELOG (from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8)
- A female hero has been added to the game.
- Added Modding Support! (Use at your own risk.)
- Added No Time To Grind mode: shorter dungeon levels, more monster XP.
- All skill trees now have a minimum of 5 skills.
- Added support for polymorphing. (More of this in the DLC.)
- Wand tree has been completely revised. Wands now use traditional charges, and the wand lore tree now contains Wandcrafting instead.
- Added n-dimensional lathe to craft wands.
- Added new crafting interface; we stole the old one from Minecraft, we stole the new one from Terraria.
- Added belt, glove, and pant slots. Added belts, gloves, and pants (10 of each)
- Added some more items.
- Added anti-magic field sprayers and anti-magic effects.
- Added monster taxonomy flags.
- Removed the Deadshot skill tree; pushed its stuff into Perception and Crossbowery.
- Fountains will now occasionally give you a ring or amulet.
- Added the Powder of Ibn Ghazi. Go see those Eldritch Horrors.
- Added a colorblind correction mode, for players with red/green colorblindness (proteranopia/deuteranopia)
- Added mute buttons to start panel.
- Set some custom blockers to be immobile (fixes the “mad flying grate” things.)
- 2X inventory.
- spellmines now fire on each gameplay tick, rather than if you move through them
- Changed XP giving formula for “It Belongs in a Museum”
- Added grated cheese and meat!
- Added new key binding support.
- Added unique items for all buff effects.
- Added new “unarmed attack” sound variations.
- Added a new vending machine for craftables.
- Some work on the Minimap.
- Added % chance flag for room blockers.
- Added room scripting support.
- More robust item spawning.
- Added monster AI improvement: “chicken flag”
- Secret hidden fun rooms.
- FIXED: flying pets.
- FIXED: Armour now correctly gives damage bonuses. (Cybertronic Orb, Magma Orb)
- FIXED: timing bug with clicking allows the player to bypass monster turns
- FIXED: The Axekeytar now actually shoots rocks.
- FIXED: Broken magic tutorial in 1.0.7.
- FIXED: various monster stealing issues.
- FIXED: monsters will now corrupt anything, not just your artifact weapons.
- FIXED: passable flags being reset on save/load
- FIXED: various things not giving you blasting damage
- FIXED: Used inconsequentia statues now look different from Spent Ones.
- FIXED: probably some other bugs, but we can’t remember what they are.
- REBALANCING: like crazy. Post your favourite nerf here and win a small, meaningless prize.
- ACHIEVEMENTS: Some new achievements. (Some of which are DLC only.)
Yes, yes, I've already seen the notes. That's where my
is coming from. Thanks, nonetheless.
My favorite change is that I could see quest monsters on the minimap. I am not sure if they appeared right away, but after wandering for a while I could see them moving around in one corner actively moving towards me. Taking a teleporter would cause them to head in my new direction immediately.
The new crafting system plus the change in burglary has made me wish I hadn't upgraded. It's a huge victory for tedium. I hate not having picks when needed and I despise having the few you have used needlessly and automatically on the plentiful locked doors thus not having them for the chests. My old solutions were either take burglary or stash my picks in a crafting box and use them on the chests.
Now, I either have to max out burglary which takes a couple of dungeon levels to do even if you dedicate all your points to it or at every door stop, see what kind of door it is, if it's locked open my inventory, drop my picks, kick the door, pick up my picks whenever I can and it's boring. There are a lot of locked doors.
I like a lot of the changes but I enjoy playing the game not repetitively performing tedious tasks. I was very willing to burn a skill slot not to have to but apparently that was overpowered which is fine. Right now though, I'm not sure I'm having fun.
Could we maybe get an option we can check that allows us not to use lock picks on locked doors by default? That would work really well for me.
I do agree that not having enough lockpicks for chests is very very annoying. I had never thought about keeping the picks on the ground since you can open any door by bashing it.
I think the change to burglary was to make it less of a 'must have' skill in every build.
What should probably happen is tinkering should have some way to craft lockpicks at level Zero skill with a semi common reagent. That and to not use lockpicks on doors in general.
Separate names with a comma.