New Booze (De)Buffs

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by JabberSnatch, Aug 2, 2012.

1. JabberSnatch

JabberSnatch Member

I'm playing a mage-ish character for the first time in awhile and noticed that when your character gets drunk, interesting things happen. Like:

Nip of Courage: 1:burliness: and 1:caddishness:
    Buzzing with Magic: 1:burliness:, -1:nimbleness:, 1:caddishness:
    Wizard Krunk: -2:sagacity:, -2:nimbleness:, and 2:caddishness:
    The Ballmer Peak: -2:sagacity:, -2:nimbleness:, 2:caddishness:, 5:melee_power:, 5:magic_power:

And probably more that I don't know of yet.

I guess this means pure warriors who don't mind a drop in :nimbleness: have a reason to drink booze outside of maintaining a lesser syzygy :D

And, to players who play mages more often than I do, do you think these buffs will change how you manage mana at all?

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

it means you should intermittently drink booze as you fight, rather than pound down eight bottles of absinthe like a Dartmouth pledge.

Marak likes this.
  3. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

3 Pear Wines gave me "The Room is Spinning" with -10:edr: and iirc -5:magic_power: and another.

Amusingly I only learned booze stacked a few weeks ago...I had always assumed it overwrote the old one :confused:

4. shaken

shaken Member

Really? You can have more than one booze giving you mana back at a time?

5. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Member

No, he means that each one you drink adds to the duration of your drunkenness. Consecutive, not concurrent.

6. Chibi

Chibi Member

I think he means that it extends the time on it, instead of overwriting the turns you have left.

7. shaken

shaken Member

Ah okay. Thought I was missing out on something huge here.

8. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Yeah just the duration, sorry if I rose your hopes falsely ><

I had originally gone fight-fight-drink-fight-fight-drink, because I assumed that drinking a Grog before the first one wore off would just waste the unused turns and reset the timer to 16; then for a few weeks I was able to experience the joy of stealth-away-then-chug-chug-chug and having 100+ turns of booze without wasting any combat turns.

Then they make it so that doing so makesh yur wizardin a bit hurder. Which is funny, makes sense, and requires more strategy so I'm not complaining...just kinda wish I had learned the stacking trick a few months sooner to abuseenjoy it longer ;)

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible for one of the debuffs to be "Beer Goggles" and change the mouse-overs for enemies... "Muscle Diggle - You can totally take this guy!" "Red Lichess - She's totally flirting with you!" :p