Nerf Magicky Golems!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Beanies, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Beanies

Beanies Member

Those things just make me angry, watching my equips die just because he attacks me is just stupid.

Let's look at this in a perspective of another game, I am in no way saying that this game is or is like the game suggested.

Alright, let's talk about WoW, what would happen if let's say you have this uber gear that may get instantly destroyed by chance if hit by that monster? Wouldn't be fun, would it? The same applies to this game IMO, it's really unfair that you Krong the item into Heaven just for it to be blasted to Hell after fighting the Golem. I always use Sparkly to stun them before I fight them just in case, but we all know Sparkly doesn't work all the time so that one chance could be your last.

I just honestly don't think it's fair that a monster can melt your good items after being hit. I think it needs a nerf; no monster such as that should exist. The only real way to combat them is either: have a lot of dodge attribute, have something to stun them with, or be able to 1-hit them every single time. There really is no other way of fighting them without having such a dire repercussion as something like that of the Magicky Golem.

Now regardless if your ideals are with or against mine, I want you to type a story of the time when a Magicky Golem messed with your gear, if you have one. I'm pretty sure it would be a good read for the developers.

Thanks,
    Beanies.

2. llamaegg

llamaegg Member

I don't agree, while sure it's annoying, it fits right in with the Rogue-like ideals. Their is multiple ways of taking them on without getting hit, stuns, push backs, spells, thrown weapons, your bow, heck, if you're in a good spot walk them into a trap. Poison Gargoyle Traps give me a harder time!

It's also sort of unfair to compare a Rogue-like to WoW, sure, both boil down into the RPG genre, but other than that they don't really share too much in common.

3. Pecka

Pecka Member

Yeah i agree with the guy above, at first I was upset about things like kleptolobbys and magicky golems and whatnot, but after thinking about it, i think stuff like that should stay in the game, and also shouldn't be nerfed in any way.

Cuz if nothing else it adds variety to the enemies and your tactics, cuz you have to switch to engage them at range and this causes some exciting moments where you're in combat with some melee guys and you see one of these approaching, forces you to think and come up with a tactic.

Without enemies like these the melee tactic for the entire game would just be approach-hack-kill-heal-repeat.

And i find it funny that the only thing you could come up with is either focus on dodge or stun, since both are pretty random, psionics has a nice skill to make them unable to do anything, but really tho, just engage them at range. That is all.

4. pebbie

pebbie Member

That's why this is a rogue-like. You don't simply melee everything without thought. Heck, i have stacks of arrows just to deal with these nauseant.

5. Rex303

Rex303 Member

magicky golems are fine, just stockpile on ranged weapons, use magic for ranged damage or a minion, carry a second set of gear on the levels with item-corrupting enemies.

there aren't a whole lot of enemies like this anyways and a roguelike is mostly about being ready and avoiding stupid mistakes like trying to melee a magicky golem with your best gear equipped.

I would actually like more stuff like this to be added and cursed/unidentified items and so on.

6. blacksan

blacksan Member

I personally find that figuring out how to deal with difficult monsters is a fun part of rougelike-games so I really don't see nerfing as necessary. I even think developers need to add more annoying monsters to the game like ones that reflect magic attacks, drain experience or something.

7. afterstar

afterstar Member

I've been hit many times by those creatures that corrupt gear but never got my equipment corrupted.I did have a huge block chance,blocking all physical attacks except piercing/magical damage,so I dont know if that had a role or if I was just lucky.

Like others said, stockpile on ranged ammo,find a nice crossbow and fire away.

8. Incendax

Incendax Member

Here is my story!

A long time ago, in a dungeon far far below.... I stood before a Magicky Golem and let it attack and attack and attack. I was waring some clothes so it barely tickled, but I gobbled food and cast my spells so he could attack me as much as he wanted! At the end of a long hard day of BDSM I took my horribly cursed weapon to Marcus Brody and discovered it was actually The Sword Of Omens/Excalibur/The Sword of Gryffindor/Rhindon/The Sword of Shannara/Callandor/Greyswandyr/The Sword of Truth/ Stormbringer/The Sword of Kas/Frostmourne/Soul Reaver and the Green Destiny all warpped up in one!

Then I woke up the next day and won the internet.