Need someone who can do some item art

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Neo_Combine, Jul 21, 2012.

?

Aren't these drawings bad?

1. Oh yes

25.0%
  2. not really

12.5%
  3. definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You call those drawings?

62.5%
  1. Aegho

Aegho Member

The Emperors power sword.png
    It was bugging me, so... tried to make the crossguard similar to the inquisition cross, but it's hard to do with that few pixels.

2. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Makes sense considering the sword in question is a weapon that the Emperor wielded at some point hence the name "the emperors power sword"

3. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Time for some new pants!
    Astartes Helmet v1.png
    Astartes Breast plate v1.png
    Astartes Pants v1.png
    Astartes boots V1.png
    Meh these are my bad drawings

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Here is some of the items that Aegho has *fixed*
    Astartes Helmet v2.png
    Astartes Breast plate v2.png

5. Jellp

Jellp Member

they're better than my artwork for guns. =P

6. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

I doubt that :D

7. Jellp

Jellp Member

I just need to make a shotgun before I can update my mod. the shotgun is an AoE and has a glitch because the character is facing the wrong way. D: (shoots left instead of up, not sure if it's the same if trying to shoot down) Does anyone know how I can get template 89 (3 wide and 2 long, as fas as I've seen) to work properly on a wand? X_X

8. Aegho

Aegho Member

Only anchored templates are turned to coincide with your facing, unanchored templates get placed as they look in the xml. You can't make a 3x2 unanchored template turn. So you either have to use/make a custom template that is symetrical, or anchor it.

Personally I would solve it by using 3x3 template, and then make it trigger a missile subspell that does the damage. That way it does multiple hits on the same target up close, and spreads the hits out a bit at range. More video-game shotgunny. (Real shotguns don't spread much, they just lose power at range because of velocity loss and because the shots are a bit more spread out, so they distribute the impact force over a larger area on the same target).

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  9. Jellp

Jellp Member

Whoa, whoa. I have not understood templates alot. I have taken a look at the dredmod and I didn't understand alot out of it. The template was actualy a bit copied out of the main game files. with me praying it would work.
    Do you have a good explaination for templates and these stuff? I would greatly appreciate it.

10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Impressed with Aegho's artistic skills!

11. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

you and me both

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Templates are only rotated to "face" the direction the player is facing if they are marked as "anchored", which also anchors their main tile on the tile player is on. Otherwise, they are placed as-is, without any changes, so making a 2x3 template for a ranged weapon is not possible because it would change its relative shape depending on the side you are facing.

I really don't know how to phrase it in a more tutorial-like manner...

13. Jellp

Jellp Member

I think I understand it, a bit. I wish the debug mode had a instant terminate option just for the purpose of testing. =| trying out all templates now.

EDIT: Found manTemplateDB.xml! I understand it now. :D now lets test if I can add templates to the game