Name a requested feature that you feel would greatly improve your game play experience...

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

For me, I think that lockable work crews would be the one... Having to stop after every immigration event to see which crews needed to be scrubbed gets tedious...

2. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Too many to list really.

But lockable work crews and setting default conditions is still definitely something I'd like to see, though since Daniel mentioned in a suggestion thread about it in October that any kind of work on something like that won't really be considered until after they figure they've got the micromanagement and incentives to keep workcrews in one place down to what they consider ideal levels, then not much hope for anything close to that until after then...

So version 1.x as part of a beetle mount armor expansion perhaps? :p

3. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Considering the workcrew lock stuff is pretty much a 'not going to happen' unless later stuff ends up not filling the need, then sticking to things that aren't currently impossible considerations:

Either:

1) Having colonists have more unique actions tied to personality traits, such as fishy colonists spontaneously waking up at night to watch the ocean, or ignoring available beds to sleep on the beach.

Strange personality colonists just randomly picking behaviours from another trait at random and doing them for no reason.

Traditionalist/Nationalists waking up at dawn to sing the empire national anthem.

Stuff like that.

-----

2) Having colonist job proficiency tie into memory generation so it isn't just about over spamming building decor to create overly positive memories.

So unskilled colonists working would get a higher chance of generating negative memories from mishaps happening on the job.... getting burns from stoves, inflicted injuries from untrained saw use, fumbling making some cloth and feeling stupid.

Whilst skilled colonists working would get a higher chance of generating positive memories from being good at their job.... being proud of making great tasting basic meals, admiring their fine work making a workbench, simply enjoying the pleasures of doing something they're good at.

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Being able to change minimum orders by +/- 10, or 100, or even a "set to infinity" setting past 500 or whatever.

Not an issue if you are using Maize/Sugarcane (since Cook Basic Food & Make Basic Drink seems to go to infinity anyway) but if I have a large colony and want the kitchens to grow my buffer to 10x colonists, it gets annoying.

Selly1 likes this.
  5. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

Manually equipping/being able to set the equipment for military colonists.

Preventing the auto assignment of new workers would also be handy.

6. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Holding the shift button, and then clicking will increment the order number by 10.

7. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

That only seems to work on existing jobs. You can't click the main icon and get increments. So for those with a bit of OCD, you create a cooking job, shift click increment to get close to the size, then click decrement to get it to an even number.