Mysterious Portal blocked :(

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nightsphere88, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Nightsphere88

Nightsphere88 Member

Alright, I know there have been a couple of these, but this one is really stumping me. There are a pile of stones on it and I don't have any explosives with me. I have 4 skills; defensive bash, thibaults trompement, transdemensional dodge, and knightly leap. I've tried all 4 in different ways, the stones don't budge.
    Does anyone know any tips or tricks? maybe a bolt of mass destruction. Unfortunately I'm on level 0 and stuck here, with that portal being the only way out.

I've also walked along the bottom of the each wall in hopes of another portal hiding, but to no avail. Any help would be super helpful! I've been playing for so long on this playthrough, I would REALLY like to not start over :/

Attached Files:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Ouch. You'll need to restart the game in debug mode with the cheats and press "." to descend a floor back to floor 1.

You can do that by putting -debug-flag in the steam launch options for the game. You'll know it works if you see a console window when you start the game.

3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

But isn't that cheating? I personally would commit suicide(using "just quit") and start over.

Edit: Fun Fact: Mysterious Portals are much less reliable than Wizardlands. Wizardlands crash less and are less likely to block Exit Portals.

Often times I would skip Wizardlands/Mysterious Portals entirely unless I wanted a super clean run(where I empty every vending machine and clean out all Floor 15 rooms before killing dredmor). I hardly do Super Clean runs anymore, since they're unnecessary and most often I can't afford ALL of the Clockwork Sawblades in the thrown machines.

4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I'm afraid I can't help you with this specific instance, but in future it might be worth carting around some items (or taking skills) that allow you to move objects. One which is absolutely brilliant is one of the Mace skills, Ragnar's Meteor, and its knockback will move objects - and if you do it right, then two stacked objects will separate.

5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Hardly, it's just the only workaround for that bug.

6. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Heck, when I run into a bug or crash that attempts to ruin my game, I start over. Even if said crash came with autosave backup where I can continue on. That's just how I roll.