Windows Vista/7 64-bit My game keeps crashing and i lose my saved game...

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by SheepKing, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SheepKing

SheepKing Member

Dungeon of dredmore is one of my favourite game... i stoped playing it a while back because of crash issues... i recently purchased conquest of the wizzard land, thinking the crash issues has been fix, but it seems like i keep crashing. uppon restarting, steam ask for a sync with steam cloud.

i do not know when the game crash, since it seems to happens at random event in game... is there any way to know what is the problem? i'd like to keep playing the game, but as it is right now, i dont want to play for 2 hours and lose my game because the game crashed...

sorry for my poor english, and thx for replying...

2. Corlindale

Corlindale Member

I too have experienced a huge increase in crash frequency recently. I used to experience crashes very rarely, but after CoTW it seems the game crashes a LOT more. It tends to happen most at later levels, at random intervals. I'm getting paranoid about it, manually saving and exiting whenever I reach an important milestone - for fear of crashing and having some progress erased. Needless to say, this is a really annoying problem, and a serious detriment to my enjoyment of this otherwise great game.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

4. Corlindale

Corlindale Member

I'm afraid it's still really bad. Seems like I'm crashing every 10-15 minutes or so. There's little pattern to it, except it never seems to happen when just starting out, and it gets increasingly likely the further down I get. Maybe it's related to the size of the game file somehow?

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Well, I'm not sure what's going on but we'll look into it.

6. Corlindale

Corlindale Member

Reinstalling the game and NOT applying the beta patch this time seemed to help, I've played for several hours without crashes now. May just have been a faulty install/update in the first place, I suppose.