ALPHA 50B My Experience After a Break and Minor Bugs

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Vordrak, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Vordrak

Vordrak Member

So I joined earliest access, played a bit - but have been busy since then.

My experiences - a lot more stable. Love the presentation.

The game seemed to expect me to build a lot of things quickly. I went for a 9x9 carpentry shed early on, which was a hassle to build, followed by a couple of maize farms and a kitchen. Maize was the only crop offered. I had two farms churning out maize, right next to a stockpile for food only, which was next to a 14x14 kitchen.

Both farms and the kitchen were fully staffed with stone ovens. I found it a struggle to produce enough food. I had a barracks set up, again 9x9 and had got my colony quite stable then a foreign invasion of 20 or so soldiers destroyed my settlement.

It seemed very slow to get my colony going.

Minor Bug - the name for the cheapest wooden cabinet was different in the carpentry workshop and the module designer.

Performance - at around 60 / 70 colonists the game got choppy, especially when they were all on the screen at once. I have a high end PC.

Questions - any idea on how to get started faster? Can I / How can I get access to alternative crops?

2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Probably building things in a way that is faster.

Pretty much everything in your colony is just sitting around waiting as the carpentry is being built. A bunch of logs sitting on a foundation makes no planks.

Not sure if you can doublecheck but by the time you had your first oven up, were the colonists eating all the raw food? If you took a long time to build the carpentry, then make logs and build the kitchen... that happens.

And most of the labor in making cooked food is in making the raw food.

Via the Laboratory. Though Maize is actually probably one of the more useful crops anyway.