Music to play while crawling the Dungeons of Dredmor

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by SkyMuffin, Aug 6, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

The other music thread is more about what music Dredmor players like in general. In this thread, let's talk about what kind of music fits your dungeon crawling.

I am listening to the soundtrack for Batman: The Animated Series to accompany my stealth shenanigans. I am thinking of trying the Baldur's Gate soundtrack next.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Member

For me it depends entirely on what build I'm using and the situation I'm in when I'm playing.

My Promethean build music -- Also applies whenever I'm about to use The Bomb.

What I play when I max the Tinkerer tree

Alternative Monster Zoo music -- Funny enough, this song has a similar context

Vampire gish build, with sword -- Time to show that lich who the true master of the night is!

Vegan build, with animal friend

Yeah, I like soundtracks a lot because they're designed to accompany rather than compete with the action of a game.

Kazeto likes this.
  3. alkaris

alkaris Member

Every time i am starting permadeath game, i listen to yeah yeah yeahs - dawn boy. in cycle.

For elvish difficulty i prefer MLP remixes.

For dwarven - nickelback.

4. Createx

Createx Member

Kazeto likes this.
  5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Batman: The Animated Series was alright at some points, but most of the time it was too dramatic and serious for Dredmor.

The Baldur's Gate soundtrack worked really well, especially the more low profile tracks in the first game. I am thinking of trying Icewind Dale 1 + 2, and The Curse of Monkey Island next.

6. Hanz Ketchup

Hanz Ketchup Member

Personally I can't get enough of the music in Dredmor. It never gets old.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. jadkni

jadkni Member

I listen to the entirety of KILL on shuffle when playing Dredmor.

Kazeto likes this.
  8. Frelus

Frelus Member

Oh my god, Bastion.
    Even only the soundtrack still brings tears to my eyes...
    Such a great game.
    Well, I like to play Dredmpr to these songs/themes/whatever:
    Tim Minchin: Dark Side
    Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor (You all have to know it ;))
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Temporal Tower Theme
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Reptains Sacrifice Theme
    Aquaria OST: Undiscovered Waters

Kazeto likes this.
  9. Createx

Createx Member

Bastion is a game I'll never play again, I fear losing the sense of wonder too much.

10. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Honestly, I can't listen to nearly any video game soundtrack while I play a game (the only exceptions in recent history has been Skyrim, and Fallout 3). I need to have a wide variety of music which is why I either play whatever Pandora channel I am currently hooked on, or my music collection on shuffle. (I HATE I-Tunes -- it's such a lousy music manager compared with every other one I've ever seen in my life -- but I'm stuck with it).

I'm sorry but I get tired VERY quickly of video game music -- it's too repetitive and generally doesn't even come close to my taste in music. But I also tend to be older than the target audience, so there's that.

Kazeto and jadkni like this.
  11. Createx

Createx Member

You might want to try MediaMonkey. Awesome tool to organize your music collection, easy to use and some neat tools. Free, premium edition doesn't add too much. It can also rip CDs in high quality :)

Kazeto likes this.
  12. jadkni

jadkni Member

There are some soundtracks I can get into but I prefer rock or orchestral music when I'm gaming. Some people listen to game soundtracks when not playing games.

But I think it's more of a taste thing than an age thing. The same people that gravitate towards electronica or dubstep also seem to be big on video game soundtracks, because they're both... how do I say this diplomatically... repetitious? The theme is usually supposed to loop after all. I'm a prog lover at heart so a repetitive beat drives me crazy after a few minutes.

Kazeto likes this.
  13. Eadeve

Eadeve Member

One of the greatest soundtracks of all time. Also, I listen to some Lunar . Thrice's Alchemy Index albums work well too.

Kazeto likes this.
  14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Why are you stuck with iTunes? :eek:

15. Eadeve

Eadeve Member

Probably refuses to use available technology.

16. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Member

That Bastion song is perfect for a golemancy build. Heh heh heh.

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's usually the DoD soundtrack in-game for me, but I might switch it for my trailer music/epic orchestral collection (Jo Blankenburg, Thomas Bergersen, Two Steps From Hell, Globus, Immediate Music, etc.) if the mood takes me.

That or I put on the Reduced Shakespeare Company's radio show, one they did for the BBC World Service a fair while ago.

Dem kings, dem kings, dem dead kings, dem kings, dem kings, dem dead kings, dem kings, dem kings, dem dead kings, now who's the heir to the throne?

Kazeto likes this.
  18. bwg2021

bwg2021 Member

For all of the Promethean magic users out there

Kazeto likes this.
  19. Warrex

Warrex Member

Personally I go with Professor Elemental, Vernian Process, The Shanklin Freakshow, and Abney Park when i'm rocking my clockwork knight I just can't resist.

Otherwise it's a lot of Classical music and David Bowie.

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Tycho

Tycho Member

anything by Queen

anything by Powerglove

Kazeto likes this.