Music Thread

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by CheeseToast, Feb 13, 2012.

1. CheeseToast

CheeseToast Member

Post what you've been listening to recently and what you like about it. Also post anything about music generally (who your favourite artists are, what instruments you play)

Daft Punk - Around The World

It's really catchy and the music video just has some of the most awesome synchronized dancing.

Generally I like electronica and rock/metal, some of my favourite bands are The Prodigy, Green Day, Lamb of God and Linkin Park.

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  2. jadkni

jadkni Member

<-dork

CheeseToast likes this.
  3. I'm over 40 and like Daft Punk. :) My latest discovery is Duck Sauces's "Barbera Striesand".

If you like the dancing, you may want to check out the remix of Nancy Sinatra's "Boots Are Made For Walking". Not impressive synched dancing of the DP video you posted. I enjoy how Nancy dances at "normal" speed as her backup dancers are obviously sped up. :) Check out the original if you like this one.

One of my favorites to watch. That Old Pair of Jeans by Fatboy Slim. :)
    This woman has grace.

And then there is always Basment Jaxx. :)
    "Do Your Thing"

I have imo some fun stuff on my YouTube likes list.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ElectricMessiah

Fwiw, Fatboy Slims "Its a Wonderful Night" is my ringtone. :)

CheeseToast likes this.
  4. CheeseToast

CheeseToast Member

I like it when music videos are creative like with the clothes on "Do your thing". And that's some amazing hula hooping, must of taken years to get that good.

It's not really a proper song, but I think most people have heard this once or twice.

Pokémon Theme Tune

I don't even know why I like this so much. It's just cool.

5. jadkni

jadkni Member

Tinge of nostalgia there. ;)

Well, I should probably mention some actual music in a music thread.

I was obsessed with this song a few years ago. I remembered it last month and it's been on my playlist since.

6. Song doesn't actually start for about 40 seconds on either of these, as per usual with these sorts of things:

Two EXTREMELY different takes on the same song. :)

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Ever heard of The Black Mages, RHM? It's Nobuo Uematsu's rock band. They made 3 albums of Final Fantasy songs, most as rock songs, some as other genres like flamenco. They're really, really good.

8. Chopkinsca

Chopkinsca Member

Anybody into Aggrotech/Harsh EBM? It's kind of like trance, but dark, harsh, and depressing.

9. CheeseToast

CheeseToast Member

When I'm in the mood.