Music of choice of Dredmor players

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Cain Redfield, Jul 3, 2012.

?

What Genres do you tend to listen to the most

1. Classic Rock

34 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Indie Rock

32 vote(s)
    45.7%
  3. Mainstream Pop

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. Country

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Punk Rock

16 vote(s)
    22.9%
  6. Heavy Metal

34 vote(s)
    48.6%
  7. EDM (Electronic Dance Music, Dubstep, House, Trance)

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. Hip-Hop, R&B, Rap

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  9. Funk

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  10. Jazz

22 vote(s)
    31.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I just wanted to post some of the more memorable pop and motown tunes from "Guardians of the Galaxy" which I just saw this evening).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Xyvik likes this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

A truly great blues singer just passed away. I thought I'd share some of my favorite songs of his. (and it's been a long time since anyone has posted in this thread).

Xyvik likes this.
  4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

And now for something completely different...

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I've recently discovered Dan Bull, and man, am I completely hooked. Dude does some phenomenal gaming-based rap:

But he also raps with equal skill and even more fervor about social issues that Internet nerds care about:

And more general, generic-rapper type diss tracks:

And he recently wrote and recorded an album in 48 hours, and released it free of charge to everyone:

In short, if you're the kind of person who hangs out around here and you have any interest in rap whatsoever, check this guy out. He's bloody amazing. :)

(I literally cannot listen to that first song with any degree of attention and not tear up at least twice. It's probably one of the most moving accounts of human history of which I am aware.)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  6. I'm really liking the album this song is from:

I'm terrible at music genre, so I'm not really sure what I'd describe it as...

And as I was digging through twitter I noticed David mentioning this band:

Mongolian Folk metal! I love it.

Finally I really like this prog-metal type thing from Norway:

Haldurson and Kazeto like this.
  7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

It's Rock/Pop. It starts very similarly to Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk". It starts around 50 seconds in.

Kazeto likes this.
  8. Essence

I realize that I'm a couple of years behind the curve on this, but I just discovered the amazing(ly sexy) folk-guitar covers of seriously dirty rap songs created by Niykee Heaton.

On the one hand, she's pretty much known for blatantly exploiting the fact that she's a classic blonde bombshell, and her guitar and singing skills are...less than mind-blowing (but certainly better than your average Jane) -- on the other hand, what she's doing to these rap songs is absolutely incredible, and I'm fully hooked now.

She's recently gotten signed to a label and she's producing her own songs, but honestly her covers are way better. :)

9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I haven't posted here in a while, but I just came across a great song that I hadn't heard for years, and I wanted to share it. And maybe one or two others, while I'm at it.

This one is a bit long, but I love it. Eric Burdon has one of the best male voices in rock and blues, imho:

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Essence

OMG these kids! It's really too bad that the pressures of success have already torn apart this group, because holy shit, they are GOOD. It's literally a bunch of schoolkids from Minneapolis that, if they get good grades, head to the YMCA after school and participate in a program that lets them write and perform their own raps. They're most famous for the viral hit Hot Cheetos and Takis, but their most epic beats are all about subjects that you want to expose your kids to: how being on the Honor Roll makes you a badass, how you can have swagger and still conform to school dress codes, and the relationship between doing your homework and being a successful person. That might sound cheesy when I say it, but seriously, anyone with kids and an even half-assed appreciation for rap will want to put these on, loud:

"I'm the smartest kid in class and my specialty is math 'cause I know my fractions -- homie, you don't know the half!"

"They ain't got no flavor -- they like come celery. But swag ain't what you wear; swag is a mentality so I don't care what I'm wearing. No matter what, my swagger right -- I could come to school in my long johns and my swag would still be tight."

"i got A's and B's, homie can't you C? But you ain't getting none of that -- but you'd probably take a D! ...Or a F. Well i guess, got a S on my chest -- I can tell you impressed, 'cause I pass every single test."

And of course the new classic...

"I'm ridin around on my bicycle, ridin' around on my bicycle -- pull up to the studio cuz you know that the kid be meltin' them microphones. Munchin' on my Takis like i just don't care, then i walked up to your girl and she asking me to share!"

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Haldurson likes this.