Music of choice of Dredmor players

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Cain Redfield, Jul 3, 2012.

?

What Genres do you tend to listen to the most

1. Classic Rock

34 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Indie Rock

32 vote(s)
    45.7%
  3. Mainstream Pop

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. Country

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Punk Rock

16 vote(s)
    22.9%
  6. Heavy Metal

34 vote(s)
    48.6%
  7. EDM (Electronic Dance Music, Dubstep, House, Trance)

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. Hip-Hop, R&B, Rap

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  9. Funk

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  10. Jazz

22 vote(s)
    31.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aegho

Aegho Member

Dr. Quackzalver likes this.
  2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

*Fixed*
    This is an awesome track to walk to. Shame it's so short. Video doesn't show the name, and it's pasted over an MK trailer. It's 'Total Annihilation' by Cliff Lin

Edit:
    I also proper proper proper proper love this track

Dr. Quackzalver and Essence like this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I just heard some sad news: Rock and Roll artist and songwriter, member of the Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, died today at the age of 71. While the Velvet Underground was not commercially successful, it was still considered one of the most influential bands of the late 1960s. Regarding the influence of the band, one famous legend said that the Velvet Underground's first album only sold a few thousand copies, but everyone who bought one formed a band.

Anyway, on to the music. I'll try not to repeat ones that I've previously linked.

4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

The performer in the back right corner (relative to the camera) is just so utterly into it, it's awesome. You can't help but grin along with her. (And the guy nearest the camera totally looks like Matt Smith)

Haldurson likes this.
  5. mining

mining Member

6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've been listening to a lot of Velvet Underground and Lou Reed recently, and that pre-punk/punk/rock sound led me into listening to Patti Smith again. Her performances are just so rich in drama and poetry that they just force you to sit and listen. This is not music that I can just play in the background while doing other things, because it demands attention.

BTW, I think that "Land" (aka "Horses") has to be heard by anyone interested in Rock or punk or Rock and Roll poetry. When I first heard it way back when, there was nothing else even remotely like it. The closest, I suppose was Jim Morrison's drunken rambling during "The End" ("The killer awoke before dawn..."), though that's really not even in the same class as this.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I had to include one more because it's so awesome (beware that it's nsfw, so I'm including it as a spoiler):

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

This is all stock footage (like those stock images you get).

9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it:

And if you prefer the original version:

Kazeto likes this.
  10. this:

is rather good

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

12. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I put this on repeat from time to time when I remember to, stays like that for days on end

Haldurson and Kazeto like this.
  13. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Argh, it's one of those put-it-in-twice song uploads. But yeah, it's an excellent song. I just wish it was longer, and the longer version (which is sung by someone else, not the dwarf cast) is pretty crappy.

Kazeto likes this.
  14. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Yeah, it's kind of weird
    There used to be a different version which didn't have the double, but I can't find it anymore - I'm guessing it got deleted

15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Kazeto likes this.
  16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It won't let me embed this as it's SoundCloud, so have a link to it. It's a track from Coin Crypt and it's called "Pharaohcious" and it's like THE best piece.

Dr. Quackzalver and Kazeto like this.
  17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

18. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Relevant in more than one way, now

Kazeto and Haldurson like this.
  19. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Another song sounding way too DoD-ish;

Gorbax and Kazeto like this.
  20. Loerwyn