Multiple Mods Issue

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZorkFanDM, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ZorkFanDM

ZorkFanDM Member

I have a strange issue with mods in DoD (x86_64 linux using both desura and standalone HIB installs). Individually, the three mods I have tried (Essential 1/2 and Clockwork Knights) all work fine, but when I have more than one in my ~/.local/share/Dredor/mods folder, they all load up as the same mod. When all three are installed they load as Essential DoD 1, but when I removed that mod Essential 2 and clockwork both loaded as clockwork, while when I manually combined the files from Essential 1 and 2 the combo loaded as clockwork as well.

Any advice?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The only one I can give you now is "wait for the fix" - for all I know, the developers are working to get rid of that problem (it is rather well-known), and right now the only solution is to manually merge the mods (or ask modders for that, but it really isn't difficult to make a merge yourself, though it can be time-consuming).

3. kino5

kino5 Member

If it helps, I had no problems loading those same mods in Windows 7, all at one time. They also worked fine in XP.

4. What you can do is fuse the two mods into one, like I did with the mac pack. Do you have a request for a particular mod fusion?

5. ZorkFanDM

ZorkFanDM Member

I had no idea it was a known issue. My apologies! Luckily xml is really easy to wade through so manual mixing will do for now.

6. Knallis

Knallis Member

I've never had this problem. Its either unique to you or you accidentally have components in a wrong folder configuration. Just for clarification, inside the mods folder, each mod has its own individual folder correct? Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods\wind magic
    wind magic would be in its own individual folder.

If this is true then I have no idea what is going on. But if you put all the folders within your individual mods all inside the \dungeons of dredmor\mods\ then that might be it.

I certainly hope its just as simple as an organization issue :O

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's a problem with Linux, not with organization.

8. Knallis

Knallis Member

Oh. Crap I missed the linux part! I'm disgustingly inattentive.

Essence likes this.