Multiple box, symlinks, and saves

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Mike Turner, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Mike Turner

Mike Turner Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to sync my saves between two different boxes. On Windows I usually do this by symlinking a game's save folder to a folder in my dropbox (I use the free Link Shell Extension software for Windows since it doesn't support symlinking natively).

This has worked perfectly for many games, however, this method is not working for DoD. Every time I use box A, I don't see my saves from box B, I just see my previous save from box A. If I load that old box A save, my save in box B gets overwritten (by the game, and then by dropbox).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to sync my saves between two boxes? What I want to do, is play on box A, save and quit, and be able to continue playing on box B and vice versa.

Thanks!

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If you're on Steam, Dredmor has supported Steamcloud syncing for a while though it's occasionally buggy.

It might actually be part of the reason your syncing doesn't work. If you want to do it your way, run the game once with the -nukesteamcloud parameter, and then always run DoD out of Steam.