Mouse Keybinds

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MR-1, Oct 5, 2012.

1. MR-1

MR-1 Member

Hello there, forum.
    Just a quick question/suggestion here:

Is there any possible way of altering your mouse keys in the game? And if not, is there a chance it might get implemented in the future? I would love to be able to map the mouse to my liking without having to look up some fishy third party software.

I just recently went through and altered the config file to manually find the value for the mouse binds for the scroll wheel, but I gave up after 400, so that brings me here.

(And my apologies if a thread like this already exists. I did try to search for similar ones, but found none)

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I don't think there's any current way to do this in game, though if you have a gaming mouse you could use your software to bind the buttons to some keyboard keys, then bind things in game to those keyboard keys.
    If it's not a mouse with software, you could download some programs that let you do this, I believe.

I don't think mousewheel is possible at all due to the way it works in Dredmor (sometimes as a click, sometimes as a scroll depending on the menu).