Windows Vista/7 64-bit Mouse Cursor jumps around a lot. Help?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Knallis, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Knallis

Knallis Member

So I have no idea if this is unique to me or if its something that I can just fix by poking at a few settings somewhere.

What I'm experiencing is that the cursor will seemingly speed up then slow down suddenly and such when I'm moving it around. This happens regardless of what speed I'm moving it at. It is almost like it just sort of teleports around, or I guess jump or skips around. It only does this in the direction I'm moving the mouse, which is why I think the best description is that it speeds up very fast for a split second. It does this constantly.

Now the reason I'm hoping someone can help me immediately is because this does not always happen. I also seem to have it less whenever the frame rate is mysteriously running crisply.

Not that my frame rate is ever bad, but every few times I play the game, sometimes in the middle of it, the frame rate improves slightly to what I'll call "perfect".

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is quite strange, and as far as I know you're the first person to get this, but maybe others will post about it.

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Are you using the patch RC? Or are you using the last released build (1.0.9)? Furthermore, can you switch?

4. Knallis

Knallis Member

It says 1.0.9 REV B at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure what you mean by patch RC. I've also been having this problem since late last year, I guess a few months? But it was really pronounced all of a sudden.

That is why I'm not sure if it is something to do with the game, or my computer settings, or some combination of the two. I have disabled mouse acceleration for my system if that has anything to do with it.

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Patch RC means "1.0.10 patch Release Candidates". They're all beta, but the newest one (RC5, if I recall correctly) supposedly is much less buggy than 1.0.9 (I don't know, I haven't time to play now).