Monsters hitting me through closed doors :(

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by EtherealScorpions, Feb 7, 2012.

?

Is this a bug?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. You're a coward for doing that in the first place.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. So I'm fighting a Monster Zoo, mostly by spamming the Clubs and Swords special attacks from behind a door (shut up, I took Astrology by accident, instead of a class with a heal spell), and occasionally the monsters will hit me back. Through a closed door. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not,so I put it here. If the general consensus says, yes, it's a bug, then I'll request to have it moved.

2. alamar

alamar Member

Maybe they counter you? I don't see why they wouldn't.

3. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Probably a counter attack. And don't worry about the attacking through doors trick, here's what I do: Stack about 5 mines each on the three tiles in front of the door, use Ragnar Meteor and knock the mines through the door, repeat.
    Once you get the Brimstone mines and Fireblast Mines, even the other ones like Acid or Thaumite. It get's pretty hilarious. Cheating schmeating, doesn't matter as long as you beat the game lol. Also, doesn't it take you literally forever to kill that way? The damage from Thibault and Ragnar are pretty weak, I'd rather stack hundreds of traps, prepare shit loads of eldritch/poison bottle/acid bottle/squid/mass destruction bolts and fire away, mass AoE carnage ensues. Oh and Thermite grenades with their awesome burn damage, Hand Grenades for great AoE, and Concussive for knockback. My inventory is mostly nonexistent though lmfao, on the brightside I don't carry much food on me!