Monster Zoos..... is this SUPPOSED to happen?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Misery, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

I really don't think either is as intended though. Each floor should have one zoo(except first), htree shops, 5 downstairs(except tenth floor), 5 upstairs(except first floor), three inconsequentia statues, two anvils, and either two or three lutfisks(cant recall). Any variance is likely a quirk in the map creation process.

2. Marak

Marak Member

I dunno, it seems that a lot of these "rooms you are supposed to get" are random. I know I've gone through many floors with no Lutefisk statue or no Anvil rooms - on the other hand, getting less than three Brax or more than one Zoo is something that only happens once every 30 floors I see.

3. aaron

aaron Member

@Kaoy

Correct. I didn't bother to go and pull Diggle eggs out of all the nests at the ends of those runs.

I have seen a lot of randomness, especially in the number of Lutefisk statues per floor. I've gotten to floor three before I found one once.

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@Marak IF you've gone through several levels without anvils, you need to go vertify that your files are all loaded correctly, because that's not supposed to happen.
    I've only found a floor with one anvil, and a floor with three anvils, I believe.

But yeah, the game files must be broken if you found a single floor without any anvils.

5. Marak

Marak Member

I could just be mis-remembering. I'm pretty sure I've had a floor here and a floor there that was missing an Anvil or a Lutefisk Statue, but I don't have a photographic memory by any means, so I might be inadvertently exaggerating.

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Fair enough.
    Once in a great while probably is not that impossible.