Mods problems[help]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Victor Sena, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Victor Sena

Victor Sena Member

Idk if it's the right forum to post but someone help me please

i've donwloaded all mods from workshop(beside craft'n'smelt light) because i have advenced, but the problem is:

i try to run and i get this error

File named skills/arcane_rift32.png not found. The game will probably crash! (from blink mage mod)

if i remove i get other error

File named skills/rocket_fist32.png not found. The game will probably crash! (idk what mod it is)

someone have a fix or some mods are imcompatible?

p.s: i have the 3 dlc's

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Go to the Dredmor area on steam, right click on the name of the game, and go to Properties. Somewhere on there there's a "verify cache files" or "verify game integrity" or something. Click on that and wait 1/2 an hour; it'll redownload any missing game files. I can tell you that you should already have both arcane_rift32.png and rocket_fist32.png as part of your core game files, so somewhere something got mixed up. Verifying the game files should fix it.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  3. Victor Sena

Victor Sena Member

not worked, but i fixed creating a random image with that name, but crash in the beginning of the level( anyone can help)?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Uhm. Do you have the Clockwork Knight (or Pratical Geology, or Rogue Scientist, or Warlockery), in your skill selection screen?
    Because yeah, you should have both images, but they are from You Have to Name the Expansion Pack. That is a free DLC, but is not included into Dungeons of Dredmor Complete, in the steam edition.
    If you don't have those classes, you simply don't have that DLC. Here you can download it for free.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Steam really need to start adding that by default to the collection. The game should run fine without it, but this is just stupid. To be fair the game does not run fine without it, but free DLC is free and Steam never even asks if you want it.

Essence and Vitellozzo like this.
  6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That's because Steam free DLC falls under the "Free to play" technicality, and those games are intended to not stay in your Steam library once they are uninstalled (or else your library could become bloated by the hundreds of free games you'd tried).

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Technicaly, free to play are in fact games free just for something, that have ingame or linked shops in which devs sell additional game parts.
    For instance, Team Fortress 2 is a free-to-play, since it has the hat shop, while Alien Swarm (who can recall it?) isn't, since it's all free.
    I think this problem is just because steam guys' lazyness.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yes? we don't disagree but I don't see what you posted has anything to do with my post...

I'm merely saying that the reason they don't install automatically or stay in your library is because your library would fill up with games you'd only installed once and don't own.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It was for this,
    but excuse me if I went off topic or misunderstood something.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Are you sure? I don't think that's true. You still need to add free DLC to your account, and once you've done so it's attached. Whenever you download Dredmor, YHTNTEP will download with it once attached to your game. It functions no differently to other DLC. I've verified this with other games.

It should, really, be included within the 'bundle' pack, but it doesn't seem to happen with any other game. I don't believe the Sanctum free DLC is included with the pack either.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, you sort of did. Daynab was simply noting that because of the "Free to play" technicality many players might choose to try those "free to play" games and quickly decide they don't want to keep them because of in-game shops or similar stuff; because making them stay in players' libraries means that these players would then have 20 or more additional games they want to never touch again, they are not supposed to stay.

It works differently for game DLC - you would have to explicitly remove the DLC from your game's list and not just the game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

A perfect example of this is that Team Fortress 2 just magically appeared in my library. I never installed it. Steam just added it. That is annoying.

But in the case of YHTNTEP I honestly have no idea why it would be left out. Sure the game *Should* work without it, but at the moment it does not. That problem is easiest solved by installing it. It is tiny after all.

13. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

You can't remove DLC from your account on Steam. In fact, you can't remove *anything* from your Steam account.

Free-to-Play games don't tie themselves to your account (though they may if you get items/content for them - e.g. bonus TF2 items - at a guess), but Free DLC does.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

So there you go, that combined with what I said earlier makes it clear why free DLC stay after removing the game and installing it again.
    Whatever, I'm feeling too unwell to say more on that topic, so just assume I didn't disagree with you.

OmniaNigrum likes this.