Modding Starting Equipment, Stats and the Leveling System

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Embolus, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Embolus

Embolus Member

I've poked around the XML files a little and did a bit of light modding, but so far I have not discovered how I might change starting equipment and starting stats based on skill choices. I also haven't discovered anything pertaining to the leveling system, such as how much experience to gain a level or how many skill points per level. Is there a way to modify these?

Thanks.

2. geddoe

geddoe Member

Your best bet would probably be to wait until they release the modding tools.

3. Embolus

Embolus Member

I know there are modding tools on the way, I am simply asking if any other XML delvers have found anything that relates to this.

4. treanova

treanova Member

to edit starting loadout, you can open the skilldb and add loadout items according to what skill you liked, for example you'd like to start with different starting loadout for sword skill tree, just open the skillDB and check sword skill strings. at the first sword string should specify wooden sword as the starting right? just rename wooden sword to any sword you'd like to start with such as fine steel sword or katana. you should then start the game with predefined item instead of wooden sword. do note that you must choose the skill that you edit the loadout or you will not get the item. As for other questions, I'm still unsure (haven't tinkered that part yet)

wall of text end.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

TTBOMK there's no way to edit the XP per level. You can edit the XP gain per monster by going through ModDB and editing each monster's entry, or you can set a universal XP multiplier somewhere in TweakDB.

6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

TweakDB has exp in there, not sure how it relates to the xp per level, how 190 relates to 125.