Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. tejón

tejón Member

I'd love two boolean flags for the "create" effect type: impassable and transparent (default to 1 and 0 per the current implementation). So you could make a transparent wall, or a cloud of smoke that blocks vision.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Aegho

Aegho Member

More requests:
    timeF attacksF and brittleF and the ability to pick scaling for them for buffs.
    Variables! I would _love_ if I could have a spell remember a floor location for example. So I could do stuff like teleport->do something->return, without involving a summon like grandfather clock paradox does.

And please please for the love of all that is good: make all the triggers work inside buff tags (thrownBuff, crossbowShotBuff, counterBuff, etc).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. congressional

congressional Member

A way to destroy items outside of targeted spells, such as a "destroyitemfromlist" or something. Bonus points for a way to distinguish between whether to destroy wielded or inventory items.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Askara

Askara Member

I know there's requirebuffontriggername= and requirebuffontrigger=
    I'd like there to be something like requirebuffontriggeramount= so that different things happen with different amount of stacks on a buff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Make the player NOT match all Taxa. Also, add taxa="Player".

Simply put, Fax and I both have ideas for classes that are designed to have pets and buff them, but it's hard to make a pet-buffing class when you can use every buff you would cast on your pet on yourself as well.

OmniNegro likes this.
  6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

YESSSSSSS

I solved it sort of with Summoner by making the mode/buff/debuff all-in-one spells into targets rather than selfs: you can't target yourself with a target spell, apparently.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yay, another weird request from a person whose sanity is moot.

Please make it possible for buffs and spells to have a name different from its ID (which is equivalent to it right now). That way we'll be able not to worry about our spells/buffs having the same name as another ability elsewhere, since we'll just be able to give their IDs a prefix/suffix/whatever without changing their names into something that doesn't look normal.

zellking, OmniNegro and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  8. Gabriel P

Gabriel P Member

It would be really nice if you could give items proc descriptions that used the same special text that weapons with Krong powers get. I mean you can write descriptions of procs into their regular description, but unless I'm missing something there's no way to set that part of the description off from the rest of it with the colored text and everything.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I know you can do fountain powers...
    Code:
      <fountain name="Lingering Dullness" text="This water tastes foul! You feel stupid."/>
    ...but I thought you could do krong powers too.

EDIT: YOU CAN. Look in itemDB:
    Code:
        <power name="Boot" description="boots your enemies away from you." spell="Boot to the Head" />
        <power name="Electrical Strike" description="shocks your enemies with bolts of electrical energy." spell="Electrical Strike" />   
        <power name="Arctic Cold" description="freezes the flesh of your enemies." spell="Arctic Cold" />
        <power name="Ignition Bolt" description="sets your enemies on fire." spell="Ignition Bolt" />
        <power name="Pyrokinesis" description="sets your enemies aflame." spell="Pyrokinesis" />
        <power name="Fleshbore" description="bores into the flesh of your enemies." spell="Fleshbore" />   
        <power name="Thaumite Infection" description="infects your enemies with ravenous thaumites." spell="Thaumite Infection" />
        <power name="Midas" description="transforms the flesh of your enemies into gold." spell="Midas" />
        <power name="Mini Curse" description="curses your enemies with weakness." spell="Mini Recursive Curse" />
        <power name="Sleep" description="puts your enemies to sleep." spell="Narcosomatic Induction" />
        <power name="Nightmare" description="sends your enemies into a terrible nightmare." spell="Nightmare" />
        <power name="Force Blast" description="blasts away everything in front of you." spell="Psychokinetic Shove" />
        <power name="Blinding Flash" description="blinds everyone around you with burning light." spell="Blinding Flash" />
        <power name="Rockburst" description="pounds your enemies with rocks." spell="Rockburst" />
        <power name="Dragon's Breath" description="shoots of burst of flame toward your enemies." spell="Dragon's Breath" />
        <power name="Root" description="roots your enemies to the ground." spell="Bolas Root" />
        <power name="Blast Effect" description="gives you mighty powers of blasting." spell="Blast Effect A" />
        <power name="Fire" description="starts a fire under your enemies." spell="Fire 1" />
        <power name="Acid Burn" description="burns your enemies with acid." spell="Acid Burn" />
        <power name="Vampirism Attack" description="allows you to sap the life of your enemies." spell="Vampirism Attack" />

OmniNegro and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  10. Gabriel P

Gabriel P Member

You misunderstand--I'm not asking to be able to make new Krong powers (although that wouldn't hurt), I'm asking about being able to insert Krong-style descriptions onto items that have built in procs. Weapons like the Staff of Godewijn and Bolt Eruptor, for example, don't have explicit descriptions of their procs. It would be nice if you could make a Bolt Eruptor's default tooltip look something like this:

":dmg_conflagratory:10 :dmg_piercing:10
    :edr:5

It covers an area with fire.
    This hot little number can really slag a
    target. It's sure that you're sure it's the
    only way to be really sure."

11. Essence

That would be really nice.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. tejón

tejón Member

Speaking of things that would be really nice: a tag for buffs to make them invisible to the player. What with RequireBuff logic, one might want a buff that doesn't actually do anything other than functioning as a boolean. Seems silly to clutter up the left side of the player's screen with it.

Also you could do mean things like hide the Necronom debuffs so the player doesn't know exactly when they'll wear off. Not that I condone such a heinous act.

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually having the debuffs from necro hidden would be more accurate to what they are supposed to be in my eyes. You cast those spells knowing they are double edged. Sometimes more than others. I would love the ability to minimize the buff/debuff tags from the clutter on the left so you can see the others when you have a boatload of them from drinking every potion you have and buffing up for a fight.

Some I need to be able to see. Some like the food and drink ones I just want out of the way.

14. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I think this is on a TODO list somewhere. It might be on Chris's. Poke me after EXP2.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  15. Megaron

Megaron Member

A requirestat tag. This means that the game will check a specified stat--primary or secondary--and, if that stat is at least what's specified--with optional tags to make it exact or lower--the specified spell effect will occur. Something like this, without much care for accuracy of code because I'm lazy to check:
    <effect type="damage" voltaic="12">
    <requirestat secondary="3" amount="20" effect type="stun" amount="3">
    would mean the spell deals 12 points of voltaic damage, and if the player's magic power is 20 or higher, the afflicted target will be stunned for 3 turns.

mining, OmniNegro, Essence and 2 others like this.
  16. Essence

That's such a great idea, I can't believe no one has suggested it. +1 in a big way.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. tejón

tejón Member

percentF, percentPrimaryScale and percentSecondaryScale would be a nice complement to the above.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Code:
    <effect type="damage" true="2" trueF="0.10" secondaryScale="0"/>

That is by whatever name damage which cannot be resisted, is not affected by :block: and :magic_resist:, but is affected by :reflection::dodge::counter: when relevant.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I suggest something like this:
    Code:
    <requirestat secondary="3" requireamount="20" effect type="stun" amount="3">
    Not much of a change, but at least we won't have a duplicate parameter.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's not how xml works people: you can't have effect type="stun" in the tag like that, also yes the two amounts wouldn't work either
    <effect type="stun" amount="3" requireStat="1" requireSecondary="3" requireAmount="20"/>

OmniNegro likes this.