Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

Thanks, Nicholas! We really appreciate the communication!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Okay, just unbuggered manTemplateDB.xml - so you can use custom templates now without problems. I'm making templates named by string instead of by number as well.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

moar detail plox? What does this mean?

Also (hate to sound like a broken record, but) will all the fancy new AWESOME triggers be able to be used from within buff tags? <crosses fingers>

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

amountF etc using different stats.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

As said above, you'll be able to do things like this:

<effect type="damage" piercing="3" piercingF="0.5" secondaryFactor="4" bleed="1" /> //4 = Crit

and change which attribute piercingF scales by.

As for all the buffs? I hope so, but it depends how much damned copy and paste I do.

6. Essence

<jawdrops>

Scaling...to...non-Magic-Power...sources?

!!!

<faints dead away>

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

I am so making a Paladin of Krong that scales by Smithing.

OmniaNigrum, SkyMuffin and Essence like this.
  8. Essence

I'm so going to create a monster a la the classic Kamikaze Kobolds from BG2. :) "Detonation Diggles!"

9. Null

I'd like a robot with an emp on death that does voltaic and mutes spellcasters for fun. Maybe even affecting the player only if he's far away. Of course I wouldn't have that any time soon as I don't anticipate making a mob mod any time soon.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

*tries to figure out a way to make triggerOnDeath something a player would want to use*

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Could we maybe have a infinite charge option for wands? It's annoying because I'm trying to do something, but I either have to create an infinite stack of burnt out wands or make it only affect the player.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Also, maybe a non-hardcoded satanic displacement glyph? I want to make portals. It would really make me GlaD

OmniaNigrum, FaxCelestis and Null like this.
  13. Null

Add the ability for buffs to stack duration instead of or as well as effect (It'd be nice to have both possible) such as the buffs given by drinking or eating. Additionally the abiltity for buffs to reset all their durations to max when one is received. That is if you have one stack with 4 turns left and you get a second, you now have two with 10 turns left.

14. Essence

taxa="MaleHero"
    taxa="FemaleHero"

For so many reasons. :D

mining and OmniNegro like this.
  15. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I really would like to mod soundfx.xml someday.

OmniaNigrum, mining and FaxCelestis like this.
  16. Megaron

Megaron Member

Currently, I can tag a food item with both <food hp="x" /> and <food mp="x" />. This properly triggers both Well Fed and Fueled by Booze at the length specified. However, there's one small issue: The item, no matter how the coding is formatted, is always considered a drink. I'd like for the tags to be split into "food hp", "food mp", "booze hp" and "booze mp"; or, as a more elegant option, have an optional tag called <itemtype="x" />, where x harbors "food", "booze", "wand", "potion", etc. This way we can even have an edible wand or a castable potion if we feel weird like that! Plus, we can use the proper triggers while keeping our consumables the way they are.
    (Chocolate croissants clinking like glass is weird, and I don't think you drink pumpkin pie from a bottle. :p )

17. Null

I shall bump this:

Simple and versatile effects that I really would like to see. There are so so many uses for cooldown reduction and reveal. Ticker is just useful to describe larger spells or randomly triggered spells.
    Code:
    <effect type="reveal" amount="1"/> <!-- reveals target tile through fog for amount turns -->
    <effect type="modcooldown" amount="0" [spell=""]/> <!-- lowers or increases the current cooldown on the specified spell (or all spells if none is given) by amount; negative values reduce it positive increase it. Amount defaults to 0 and if 0 cools down the skill completely -->
    <effect type="ticker" text="" newline="1"/> <!-- displays the text in the ticker, newline defaults to 1 and if zero doesn't end the line (at least until something that doesn't come from a spell prints) -->

Less simplistic and necessary effects but which may be used in a few ways
    Code:
    <effect type="createroomelement" element=""/> <!-- parses other tags as in the room db, this essentially would be a copy paste from the room scripting -->

18. Essence

I would SO LOVE to be able to use skills to create things like functional bookcases, vending machines, and so forth. Also, modcooldown is brilliant.

OmniaNigrum and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  19. Aegho

Aegho Member

I'd like to have a defaultanim="0" option, especially for teleports, but potentially for other things as well. You can figure out what that's for.
    Code:
    <effect type="teleport" defaultanim="0">
    I'd also like to have more targeting functionality. Especially restrictions, and sometimes I want multiples. I'm not sure you can do this now. (Like type="missile" type="targetfloor" or type="rook" type="template", and so on, possibly with a bolean wether they're inclusive(and) or exclusive(or)). I'd also like to have range parameters for targeting. For example type="targetfloor" range="4" to allow targeting any floor tile within 4 tiles of yourself. This is much more flexible than using single tile templates. Perhaps with a further switch bolean wether to count diagonals as 1 or 2 range. IE: diamond or square range. Or maybe just skip the bolean and make two range parameters diamondrange="x" and squarerange="y" Oh and while we're at it, minrange versions of the above. So we could for example have a spell that can't target melee range, and other shenanigans.

For examples of all of the targeting wants in action:

Code:
    <spell name="example" type="beam" type="template" templateID="98" minsquarerange="2" squarerange="4" icon="skills/blah.png">

(wide beam alert!)

Code:
    <spell name="Jump" type="missile" type="targetfloor" mindiamondrange="2" diamondrange="3" icon="skills/blah.png">

<effect type="teleport" defaultanim="0">

(Which would mean teleporting anywhere in a 3 square diamond except melee range, but would not bypass obstacles, and the game wouldn't play the teleport animation for each square traveled).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Aegho

Aegho Member

Oh yeah, a couple of other things.

Another restriction/allow parameter: requiresight (bolean), wether to require line of sight or not. Some current types can target out of visual range(like beam), while others require sight(like targetfloor). I would like to restrict or allow out-of-sight targeting myself. (For example I have a skill mod with a beam I would like to limit to sight, while I might want to make some targetfloor spells that don't).

I'd also want a way to tell a spell to use melee, throwing, or shooting damage bonuses. Like maybe I'll want a template 31 melee attack, or a downtime based throwing/bolt attack that provides its own ammo without creating an item, etc.

And of course it would be neat to be able to add extra lines of inventory...

Oh yeah, and a way to make an ability stop at obstacles without changing type would be nice too. For example it'd make for an interesting warrior ability to attack in 3 sequential template 30 attacks, with a knock at the end, with an animationless teleport each step of the way. Without going through solid objects with it. "Samurai rush" style.

Which brings me to: knocking in alternate directions. Like <effect type="knock" unresistable="1" randomdirection="1"> (other switches could be left="1", right="1", forward="1", rightangle="1"(random left/right), left/right being determined from character facing)

OmniaNigrum likes this.