Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

What about an
    <ammo name="item name" type="item type" amount="amount to consume"/>
    This would allow for custom items to shoot/consume things other than bolts.

The <ammo type="_" tag should be optional, defaulting to the name if not included
    and if name is not included it should default default to the type.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'd love to see resistances on weapons working properly. Blue Steel Sword, Timberbane and Magma Mace are all supposed to have resistances on them, but none show up when playing. That's some good item design space available, once resists on weapons are working as intended.

Several items in my mod are cooler on paper than in practice because of that issue (and, to be fair, one is more powerful in practice than was intended, for the same reason).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. r_b_bergstrom

Custombreakables could use a bit of a clean-up and fix.

They don't support descriptions, even though clearly the devs intended them to. The room with the fire and ice enchantments (don't recall if it's main game or Realm of the Diggle Gods) has those two desks that power the enchant spaces, and though they have descriptions in the file, the descriptions don't display currently.

They also don't play sounds on breaking. I've tried the sfx command used in the breakables in branchDB.xml, but it doesn't seem to work in custombreakables.

Fixing these would open up all sorts of other options for fancy room designs.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Some way of cloning a target (both for summoning duplicates of the player, whether male or female, or enemy targets)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Add a way to select a trigger only one time. To give example I mean something where you'd have a template and select only one enemy/tile from all possible in that template rather that simply having a chance for all.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Null

Make some way to truncate available targets to valid targets for triggered spells without requiring delays. For instance using a template and then targetmonster, then calling this effect thus making the animation and effect only play on monsters.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Get ConsumeItemType to work on all recognized item types (bolt, thrown, shield, etc.) and for all spell purposes. And only consuming one of a stack when a stack is targeted.

OmniaNigrum and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  8. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Allow a spell to randomly target an opponent in range.

9. Null

@Fax, scroll up three posts

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. FaxCelestis

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

Not sure if this has been suggested, but allow spells cast through rooms.xml to target items on the floor. Would allow for things like altars that cast Flames of the Heckforge.

(If this is already possible and my wrestling with rooms.xml simply failed, please let me know. I've a mod in mind waiting.)

EDIT: Also, the ability to set rooms.xml script trigger conditions upon items without ids so, for example, a gate could be opened by placing any liquor from your inventory on a specific tile.

12. FaxCelestis

Allow items to use .xml animations. I'd like to make some items that have animations, but as of right now, .xml animations don't function on items.

13. r_b_bergstrom

They're assembled out of text.xml by some sort of algorithm. I'm pretty certain I've seen words I added to that file show up when characters die.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Just as a general rule of thumb for the developers: Whenever you add something like killer vegan, ancient kronian ritual, or bonuses while holding weapons, don't hardcode it, make hooks for them so other people can do similar things.

OmniaNigrum, mining, Null and 5 others like this.
  15. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Confirmation Spell Trigger

Shows a confirmation dialog. If the user clicks 'OK', triggers a spell. If the user clicks 'Cancel' nothing happens.

Replace the hardcoded confirmation dialogs from the Archaeology effects 'sacrificeartifact' and 'randomizeartifact' with this new trigger type.

16. TriggeerOnGainLevel - you could use this to get a free hand grenade each time you level up, or whatever

and/or the ability to put something like this in a mod skill:

<ability name="Free Stuff" icon="foo.png" skill="bar" loadout="Free Item" level="1">

17. FaxCelestis

Based on this: "ifPlayerInRange": runs something if the player is within the spell's area. IE: Obvious Fireball has no popup if you're about to nuke yourself, but if it sees you're in the spell's area it goes "Are you Nuclear Dan?" with a Yes/No.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Things that are confirmed as going in patch 1.0.10:

- Scale
    - Randomized Resistance and Damages for Items
    - Generic Item Classes for Sacrifices
    - Removal of Buffs by Name
    - Counter, Block, Dodge, and Critical Hit Triggers
    - Booze and Food Consumption Triggers
    - Monster Cast on Death Triggers

Things that might go in patch 1.0.10:

- AmountF on Grizzly Trophies (and other things)
    - Percent="x" for customblockers (although isn't this already in?)
    - Allowing overrideclassname to work on other items

19. r_b_bergstrom

I can confirm that this is indeed in the main game, and works when modding rooms.

Any chance the non-randomized resistances on weapons (timberbane, blue steel sword, magma mace, etc) are working in the new patch? I didn't see that here or in any of the other threads where you've talked about all the awesome new features of 1.0.10.

P.S.: Thanks for all the great updates and info today!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Loren

Loren Member

Thank you!

OmniaNigrum likes this.