Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I know they might seem self explanatory, but it's probably a good idea to explain what you want each of these flags to do.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Samupo

Samupo Member

I would say that these are the most important in my point of view:

OmniaNigrum and Blind Piper like this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Add TriggerOnEnemyBlock, TriggerOnEnemyDodge, TriggerOnEnemyCounter, and TriggerWhenHitBySpell, and you're golden. :)

Also, Allow Summons To Have Stat Changes Based On Caster's Character Level and/or Dungeon Level. Kind of low priority, but it would be really nice to be able to say, like "If the caster's CL is 5+, add +3 :resist_piercing: +2 :dmg_slashing: +15 :reflection:."

P.S. This thread is truly out of control and if you guys get even 20% of these requests into 1.10, I will drive up to Vancouver and buy you dinner. :)

OmniaNigrum and FaxCelestis like this.
  4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Pick me up on the way, would you?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Essence

Sorry, Fax, but Fairfax is a long way from a straight line between Olympia, WA and Vancouver, BC. If you can catch a plane to SeaTac, I'm all over it -- especially if you spring for gas money. :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. The ability to make skills available/contingent on another buff being active would be cool, maybe by way of exploiting the werediggle form coding. It'd be neat to be able to have a set of abilities that could only be used for a limited time after something like drinking a potion.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

• getItemLevel, returns value between 1 to 10 and 0 if item doesn't have any levels associated with it.
    Kind of want to use it for a bunch of spells I'm trying to make that would depend on the level of the item it's being used on.

OmniaNigrum and FaxCelestis like this.
  8. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Some way to grant a skill while an item is equipped.

OmniaNigrum and Samupo like this.
  9. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Move all stat calculations (how one stat affects others) to XML.

OmniaNigrum and Samupo like this.
  10. viro

viro Member

Hey! first post!
    using the current xml system, I'd like to suggest a timer class. Here's an example spell to show you what i mean.

<spell name="Self Mitosis" type="self">
    <requirements mp="20" savvyBonus="0.25" mincost="4" />
    <buff useTimer="0" removable="1" allowstacking="0" icon="mod/image_64.png" smallicon="mod/image_32.png">
    <primarybuff id="0" amount="1"/> <!-- Burliness -->
    <primarybuff id="1" amount="2"/> <!-- Sagacity -->
    <timer limit="0" trigger="50" first="1">
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Splitting Headache" amount="1" affectscaster="1"/> <!-- 10 turn debuff -->
    <effect type="heal" amount="-20" amountF="0.2"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Summon Clone" amount="1" affectscaster="1" percent="100"/>
    </timer>
    </buff>
    <description text="Every 50 turns your mitosis kicks in! Hello Children, time to play! It kinda hurts..." />
    </spell>
    if theres coding mistakes... i'll fix it if/when it's usable.
    not sure if it should be every 50 or 100.... depends on testing.

timer is quite simple. has a limit (0 means indefinite) how many turns until the effect gets triggered and should the trigger happen on the first tick as well.

there is something else I'd like to suggest, it's only a suggestion but it would make total conversions achievable...
    A complete rewrite on DoD's modding ability. rather than just using XML and being quite constrained by that (no if, for, then. also no calculations), make xml only contain more advanced descriptors (like spell costs etc), UI objects and references to scripts. Then let a scripting language do all the effects so modders and devs aren't so constrained and allow them to create crazy effects, new item types, timers and triggers for spells and diseases, puzzle rooms etc

in effect it will mean your damage calculations and special effects (like Midas) can be put into script format (even compressed and encoded if you wish to keep some a secret) and will allow modders to do the same, eventually making a TC of DoD.

anyways. thanks for reading! and at the very least consider the timer class. that would allow for some rather interesting and crazy spells.

edit: moved the clearer example of a trigger class's use i used later here so the discussion posts can be cleaned up.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Essence

You can already effectively do this in the XML.
    <effect type="trigger" spell="EFFECTNAMEOFCHOICE" amount="NUMBEROFTURNS"/>
    will trigger the chosen effect NUMBEROFTURNS after the trigger has gone off.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. viro

viro Member

but only once right? with this timer you could say go for 100 turns and every 10 turns an effect. another example... every 2 turns regen 1 mana. or for 50 turns every 10 turns activate buff that goes for 5 turns.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Essence

Right. Still possible, you just need several trigger-type effects set at 10, 20, 30, etc. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. viro

viro Member

I should of simply used one of the the skills I was thinking of using as an example. that would of made things clearer as to the usefulness of a timer.

edit: put the new, more concise example in my original post to make it easier for post cleanup

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

not sure if it exists, but is there a triggeroncast? Just wondering, since It'd be useful for a skills with a certain side effect that would trigger on a percentage chance, or cause enemies to trigger an effect if they cast a spell while under a certain buff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

No, but you can use <effect type="trigger" spell="Side Effect" percent="20" /> or whatever.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Aight, well, I'll go with that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. numskully

numskully Member

Can someone make this mod, it might be easy.
    On all levels of difficulty, you level up with X experience. Also on the same mod, make artifacts and anvils of Krong not give a wand lore bonus, seeing it doesn't do anything.
    Thanks!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's not easy at all.
    Both of these are hard-coded right now, so while it might be possible to do so, it would require doing much more than simply creating a mod (we would pretty much have to hack the entire game, which is neither easy to do nor efficient, and there's still the risk that we would not be able to do that).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. numskully

numskully Member

Good info, thanks Kazeto. I had no idea as I have very little programing experience.

OmniaNigrum likes this.