Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Now that is supposed to exist. What the heck happened to it? ... hm

2. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Add to that list Vending Machines (we can already place the existing ones, but I'd like to make my own like a Potion Machine or a Trap Machine or a Mushroom Machine) and Diggle Gods (I want to put the Minor Diggle God of Foreshadowing on about the 7th level of the dungeon.) Gods and Vending look hardcoded to me, or else they'd be in my mod already (which hopefully I'll be releasing soon).

OmniaNigrum and Spectreincarnate like this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think it would be good if we got something like this, but with us being able to choose what are the possible outcomes, like that:
    Code:
    <resistbuff random="3" randomtype="hyperborean,voltaic" />
    With this one giving either hyperborean or voltaic resistance, 50% chance for each.

OmniaNigrum and Samupo like this.
  4. HypnoticSheep

HypnoticSheep Member

I would love the ability to tie skill trees to specific items being equipped, and disable the tree's bonuses without it.

OmniaNigrum, Ryvian, DaVici and 3 others like this.
  5. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Add pure/typeless/nonresistable damage to damage and drain effects. I recommend simply using amount and amountF.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

The ability to remove single items/enemies/recipes from the main game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Set bonuses (if I'm wearing a monocle, fancy pants, and a top hat, gain Fancy Dress buff).

OmniaNigrum, Ryvian, kino5 and 7 others like this.
  8. Gabriel P

Gabriel P Member

All of the above. :cool:

Also it would be great if attack triggers had a filter for damage type, so you could have things like <playerHitEffectBuff percentage="100" damagetype="conflagratory" name="Oh God It Burns"/> to get an effect that only triggers when you're hit with fire damage.

OmniaNigrum, Samupo and HypnoticSheep like this.
  9. A way to distinguish between "no cooldown" and "no MP cost". Currently in order to make Shoulder Bash be usable every turn, it has to be classified as a 0 MP spell, which is fine except it's disabled by anti-magic fields.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can't just write downtime=0? Or cooldown=0, whichever it actually is?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. I can, but even when I do that, it's reclassified as a 0 MP magic spell.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. FaxCelestis

Would cooldown=1 even have an effect? You'd use it, it'd trigger cooldown, and then you'd advance the round and ding down your cooldown. You could try that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. I did. For some reason it still only allowed me to do it every other turn.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to manually enter an alternate description text to describe an onhit effect, similar to the description text that gets added to a weapon when you enchant it on a krong anvil.

OmniaNigrum, DaVici, Kazeto and 2 others like this.
  15. HypnoticSheep

HypnoticSheep Member

It'd also be pretty cool to be able to add new secondary stats. They don't need to be displayed, necessarily, so long as they're tracked. I'm thinking for things like new crafting trees, where you'd either need to make everything a level 0 craft (my current workaround), or create a new secondary stat that rises each level.

You could do this fairly easily by including one more tag in the itemDB definition of a toolkit, something like usesSecondary="20". After that, skill trees would only need to increase that stat, and as far as I can tell everything would run like normal. This would also allow us to base crafting recipe requirements on things like Magic Power or Trap Affinity.

Plus, don't you want to see a Beardsmithing tree? I know I do.

16. FaxCelestis

Allow overrideClassName to work on all items.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  17. HypnoticSheep

HypnoticSheep Member

It'd also be nice to be able to get skills to show that floating text when they proc, like Vampirism Attack or Blackjack do. I've got a class based around passive skills, and it's tough for players to notice when they proc.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Already possible, ask Essence, who does it for QiGong.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Mind the double post.

TriggeronBlock
    TriggeronCounter
    TriggeronEnemyDodge
    TriggeronEnemyBlock
    TriggeronEnemyCounter

The ability to reduce or eliminate Shattered Chest Syndrome

The ability to define a group of items and then refer to that group with references like RandomSigil or ItemType="Knuckles".

And just in case anyone hasn't mentioned it MAKE MANTEMPLATEDB.XML EDITABLE! :D

20. kitmehsu

kitmehsu Member

Add a triggeronConsumefood and triggeronconsumebooze for a glutenous/alcoholic skills

OmniaNigrum and Ryvian like this.