Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

I am also using an anchored template dot. What I am saying is that if I change it from dot to recursive with amount, it will drop all subsequent ones from the spot where you originally cast the buff!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. mining

mining Member

Try a DoT attached to a buff (or whatever) then use removebuffbyname as a trigger triggered by a recursive do you have the buff I want trigger. Trigger. Trigger trigger trigger.

OmniNegro likes this.
  3. Aegho

Aegho Member

<effect writetext=""/>

Writes the text in the "". Similarly to fountain text and monsterText.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Reiterating my powerful desire to have MagicResistBuff, MagicReflectBuff, and HaywireBuff.

Also, WhenDodgedBuff, WhenCounteredBuff, WhenBlockedBuff, and WhenResistedBuff.

OmniaNigrum and Aegho like this.
  5. Byron

Byron Member

I want a skill that lets you craft items out of every single tree, the nerf could be it only gives you the crafting skills and no other stats or very small stats spread evenly in different area's such as Mage,Rouge,Warrior stats. so no one character will benefit greatly from the stats but being able to craft anything at any level.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. mining

mining Member

You can mod this yourself - this is a thread for mod requests in terms of features and functionality not yet moddable within Dredmor.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  7. SPTX

SPTX Member

Horizontal scrolling in the "choose your name also your hero" screen for the hero protraits. So we can mod in an hypothetic infinite amount of new playable characters, just like we can do for skills.

EDIT : Plus some method to force the player's character to move in a choosen direction with the tag ammount stating for how many turns. An <effect type="damagesbycolliding"/> too. (mmh, i wonder what we could do with that)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Truckasaurus

Truckasaurus Member

I think it'd be a great way to make items have a bit more character if there was a command to add a buff or debuff on the wearing or removal of an item. We could use polymorph commands to get Nethack style boots of levitation or even add cursed items with stuff that seems nice until it slams you with a debuff for trying to take it off.

9. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

triggeronmovebuff and triggeronmove effect type
    Fuelled by Booze and Well Fed buffs not being hard coded
    Certain buffs working depending on weapon that you are holding (like the hardcoded main skills)

10. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

It would be great if wands could target the floor and other places.

11. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Ability to fly without the polymorph requirement.

12. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

requiredebuffontrigger that affects the enemy. Basically if the enemy is affected by a certain buff, or rather debuff, this would proc the spell on those affected by the debuff.

13. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can do this already with clever spell filtering.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, you can. But it's wacky, and thus counter-intuitive, and thus new modders aren't able to use this method.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

How would you check the buff on an enemy? I honestly don't know because nothing seems to be able to do this.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

You don't. You give the enemy a debuff that pulls a requirebuffontrigger for a buff the player has active.

Kazeto, OmniNegro and FaxCelestis like this.
  17. Null

But what if you have two enemies where one has the buff and the other doesn't? You couldn't distinguish them.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Member

I've always wanted to be able to have pre-reqs on triggers.
    Like, what if you could make a spell that triggered a different spell if your sagacity was > 30, and another even more powerful spell at sagacity > 60? I understand that you can just scale a spell's damage with sagacity, but actually adding new effects? And what about a trigger that requires a specific perk before it activates?
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, of course.

OmniaNigrum, Essence, Aegho and 2 others like this.
  19. Null

It has but I still really want this for a number of reasons. We can scale debuff durations for instance without requiring a ton of new code (outside of the conditionals).

OmniaNigrum, Aegho and Kazeto like this.
  20. Aegho

Aegho Member

This lacks one of the ways a requirebuffontrigger version that checks debuffs on enemies would help immensely: targeting.

If you had that, it could be used to mark enemies for other spell effects to target, using stuff like area spells to find them. In other words you could do the equivalent of saving an enemy target in a variable, which has huge implications for stuff that suddenly become possible.

OmniaNigrum likes this.