Modding Bad Weapon Penalties

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Godwin, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Godwin

Godwin Member

Hi all,

I am planning, since I heard that Bad Weapon Penalties were going to be removed, to make a mod to add them back in (and also to remove the coming 'gold-hoover' effect while I'm at it).
    Something like this probably: http://www.gaslampgames.com/communi...ands-full-and-ranged-attacks.1253/#post-10780
    But now I heard that's impossible since that's hardcoded... I didn't check anything to do with modding yet, since there was no need in these builds.

So... 3 questions:
    1) Is it REALLY impossible or is it possible to mimick the bad weapon penalty in some way?
    2) Is it possible to remove the coming 'gold-hoover' effect with a mod?
    3) Is it possible the devs can make those 2 things moddable? :oops: (yeah stretching it here...)

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

1. Yeah it's impossible with what I can tell. I don't feel there should be any anyway. You could just lower the base damage on weapons and allow skills to bring that up though.
    2. What?

3. Godwin

Godwin Member

'gold-hoover' effect:
    Way I see it, you're hoovering it up like some vacuum cleaner. Silly, doesn't make sense. I like the quick walking a square for gold.

Hum... that would be pretty funny to see actually... Things is, there's no such animation, is there? Ooooooh if there was this 'pulls-oldstyle-vacuum-cleaner-out-of-pocket-and-sucks-it-up'-animation to accompany it I'd give up my conservative resistance... maybe! :)

4. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Add a penalty to every weapon, add a bonus to level 0 skill on that weapon that counters that penalty.

5. Godwin

Godwin Member

I'll see if that's possible. I'd do it for weapon category, but for each weapon? Heck no :p

4) Would there be a way to mod back out, once it's in, the ability to see where quest items/mobs spawned? I am guessing not, but who knows?

..or failing that, can we have the option to turn this off?

6. Feynt

Feynt Member

Another option possibly is if you can do on hit effects and create your own debuff. Make a 100% non-stacking debuff for the penalty you want. This doesn't help to counter magic power of course, or blocking, or... Ok so it really only screws over melee/ranged weapons.