Mod publisher crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kel~, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Kel~

Kel~ Member

I have a problem with the mod publisher always crashing at the same point - when it would get to the screen that should say something to the effect of 'Are you sure you want to publish?', it never gets that far, and crashes.

i.e. if I try to update a mod, have it validate it, giving the message: 'Your mod passed validation! *applause*', hitting 'Ok' will cause it to crash.
    Similarly, hitting 'Nay' for validating the mod causes it to crash.

I've already tried reinstalling DoD, and using -nukesteamcloud, with no luck. Since I didn't have this problem prior to the recent patch, I reckon it must be something to do with that.

This is a really annoying problem because I want to update some of my mods, and I can't play without them! D:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We're aware of some select mods crashing the publisher. I'll ask if there's any news about it and if we know what does it now.

3. Kel~

Kel~ Member

Ok, it'd be nice to be able to work on my mods again!

If it's worth anything, I've found that two of my mods - Blastomancy and Blink Mage - are the ones crashing it, where as my Cheat mod doesn't.

4. Daynab

I'm told this should be fixed in the next hotfix, will try to make sure asap.

5. Kel~

Kel~ Member

Yaaay! Thanks. :)

6. Kel~

Kel~ Member

Thread res time!

Ok, so I hadn't had the chance to try DoD since I last posted, but now having tried it again, I'm afraid to say that the problem persists. I've nuked the steam cloud, reinstalled and nuked again. Still 'ain't working.

I still can't upload either Blastomancy or Blink Mage, but can upload Cheat, just as before.

7. Daynab

Yeah, it seems it wasn't fixed after all. We need to get to the bottom of this.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Daynab, do we still have a ticket open for this? If so, can you assign it to Ryan again and mark it critical? Tah.

Exile likes this.
  9. rydash

rydash Member

Ticket already exists with these conditions. :D

10. Daynab

It already is.

11. Kel~

Kel~ Member

Not trying to sound naggy, but... this gonna get fixed? :)

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Most likely, yes.

13. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I would really like to publish my Swashbucklers mod on steam workshop.

14. Daynab

As soon as I can get some news about this, I'll let you know.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Fixed! Finally.

Ruigi: we'll be in touch privately to get you a new build.

Exile likes this.
  16. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Well.. to me it just started crashing again. Don't know about you guys, but it could be that the "synchronizing with Steam Cloud" stuff breaks down aswell.

17. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

It appears I can only update my previous mods. And it also appears I can not upload new ones due to "Can't talk to Steam Workshop! Is the steam client running?", when I make a shortcut.

18. Vordrak

Vordrak Member

I am having this problem with a new mod I am making. I will upload it here, in due course. It works and the only XML validation error is an incorrect statement that 'magicmapping' is not a valid effect type. However, the publisher crashes without explanation.

19. Daynab

Vordrak, the solution to your issue is to get the 1.1.3 beta patch. Alistaire, I don't know, are you on that version?

20. Vordrak

Vordrak Member

Cool. Tried it and yes it solved my issue. Thanks :)