Mod Idea

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tonlee01, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Member

Has anyone though to make, or is this not possible to make a device similar to the Lutefisk cube but uses the parameters of the ability in the skill tree Archaeology known as It Belongs in a Museum? If not a portable device a stationary one that can be placed inside The Pocket Dimension? Something to dump your artifacts in for a xp reward. Always wish I had It Belongs in a Museum on every character but almost never take the skill Archaeology. Any ideas if this is possible? And a challenge to modders to try and make it!

Thanks,
    Tonlee

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Technically speaking, it ought to be possible to make a wand with such an effect. I haven't really tried since I never really cared about this skill, but you can at least try as there is no harm in that.

Gorbax likes this.
  3. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Member

Hmm so read through all the tutorials and did some messing with it, I've got the item and it cast (animation goes off and uses a charge), however it will not cast inside my inventory on a artifact. Also tried casting on target,item,targetground. Any ideas? Going to try seeing if I can set up the Horadric Lutefisk Cube and see if I can get that to work since its me dropping the item in the cube to be sacrificed instead of the target of an item in my inventory, might avoid my inability to work through the problem.

Thanks,
    Tonlee

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The one thing I can write to you now is that, unless it is somehow broken and doesn't work on items—and I of all people wouldn't be able to say because I simply dislike this spell effect and thus neither use it in the game nor experiment with it outside of the game—it should work when you use a spell that is pretty much the same as the one that the Archaeology skill tree uses. I don't have access to the data files of DoD right now (since I'm out of home and writing that using a substitute unit) so I can't check those to make sure if you used the correct targeting for the spell you made right now, but hopefully someone else will come in who will be able to help with that particular problem.

5. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Member

Thanks Kazeto I appreciate it, I figured out a 'cheap' knockoff way of doing it that I can use. No need to work on it though and again thank you, I very much appreciate the effort of thinking it through to help me out. I'm always astonished and very pleased at how helpful DoD fans and enthusiasts are to the rest of the community. : )

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Good for you, then. And congratulations on finding out a way to get it done, that's one more step on your way as a modder.

Tonlee01 likes this.