Military Rank, Service Branches, and Insignia in Clockwork Empires

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Ruigi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I was drawing up some ideas for writing a list of service ranks and insignias for the military uniforms of the Clockwork Empire, but I have a few questions before I begin.

1. How many branches form the military? Is there an Army and a Navy or is it all one military force?
    2. Are there any plans to implement a system of military ranks? If so, is this effect completely cosmetic or is it tied to the class/attributes/experience system?

If there is an army and a navy will they have the same ranking system?

Any ideas in place for what the enlisted/officer uniforms look like?

2. Nadd

Nadd Member

They have hats of great valor.

3. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

Good questions, those. The only real reference I ever found to a ranking system was with the Anti-Paranormal Investigation Squadron. From The Story of Shiveringhope: "each wearing the goggles and terrifying leather beak-mask that denoted their rank in the organization (Constable, Sergeant, Inspector, Inspector-Superintendant, Superintendant, Chief Superintendant, Sub-Commander, Commander, Deputy All-Purger, All-Purger, Incinerator, High-Supreme Incinerator, and the terrifyingly masked Grand All-Commissioner)"

So there are obviously ranks involved somehow, just the question of whether they carry over, eh? And as Nadd mentioned, it is obvious that rank insignia is related to Hats!

ViperLawson likes this.
  4. Imperial dane

Imperial dane Member

Well there does seem to be some rank from what i got from a response from Dbaumgart in another thread.

So some rank is likely to be there. What the effects are and such can be discussed though

Regarding branches, no idea but since it seems largely land based i think you'll largely focus on the army.. Though i have no idea how many types of army troops there are as it does seem like there are different ones, like Grenadiers and logistics.

As for how a regular might look. Perhaps something like in this blog post ? No idea about officers. But likely some sort of hat is involved.

Kazeto likes this.