Micromod: End Game Shields

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, May 24, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

This is barely even a mod, but I felt the need to do it when I saw those shields that Fax drew.

This mod introduces a single 10th level shield that can then be crafted, via Smithing or Alchemy, into any of 6 14th-level shields. The shield all have pretty decent defensive stats (i.e. better than the typical end-game shields) and either an interesting proc or some unique stat bonuses. 4 of the shield's recipes are available from the beginning of the game; two are hidden. All of the shields also have a 20% chance to counterattack (Adventurer's Aikido) on a successful block.

If you're not playing RotDG, the 14-point shields will be pretty OP on the 10th floor. Enjoy. :)

I say this is the alpha because, as per normal, I snuck in the time to code this while my wife was asleep and I haven't yet had time to test it. :( Hopefully, I'll get to that before Other Things suck away all of my time and attention. Has been tested; everything seems to work. :)

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this mod and associated documentation files (the “Mod”), to deal in the Mod without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Mod, and to permit persons to whom the Mod is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Mod.

Permission to sell this mod is obtained from Gaslamp Games prior to any attempts to sell this mod.

THE MOD IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE MOD OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE MOD

Attached Files:

OmniNegro, TheJadedMieu and Daynab like this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Testing. Thanks for the special attention to the sadly lacking shields department. :)

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Here is one I suggest. If you do not like it or do not want to include it, I can probably convince Syphonix to add it to the Druid Mod.

Code:
    <item name="Druidic Shield" iconFile="items/shield_heraldic_tree.png" >
        <price amount="42000" />
        <armour level="12" type="shield" />
        <secondarybuff id="10" amount="5"/> <!-- armour absorption -->
        <secondarybuff id="7" amount="20"/> <!-- block -->
        <secondarybuff id="13" amount="2"/> <!-- hp regen -->
        <secondarybuff id="3" amount="4"/> <!-- magic power -->
        <secondarybuff id="14" amount="2"/> <!-- mana regen -->
        <primarybuff id="2" amount="-1" /> <!-- nim -->
        <playerHitEffectBuff percentage="12" name="Rooted Regeneration"/>
        <description text="No one *Ever* saw this shield coming. It seems be the opposite of most shields. It barely blocks anything and it actively aids HP and mana regeneration."/>
        </item>
    This is supposed to help with increasing the :life_regen: and :mana_regen: that the Druid mod scales with. (And add just enough :magic_power: to make it better than using another weapon that would otherwise give :magic_power: like a staff. That aspect may need a bit more to really compete, but regen is better than :magic_power: for the purpose of the Druid mod.)

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

End Game Shields (aka Heraldic Shields) now Officially open-source.

Kazeto, Daynab, mining and 1 other person like this.
  5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Something strange appears if I try to close spellDB.
    Prior of that the validator works normally, buf it i put </spellDB> at the end of spelldb the validator cry me a river.

OmniaNigrum likes this.