Micromod: Eliminate Lever Screw [CORE]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

There have been like 5 horror stories posted in the past week about people using knock effects to move levers (that were supposed to teleport them) out of their own reach, thus losing a character that was perfectly viable. This could be considered just part of the Roguelike experience, but there are ways to have this happen completely not of your own volition (for example, with The Glyph Of The Eye of Ra active, a diggle digs out of the ground adjacent to you and attacks you immediately. The Glyph Of The Eye of Ra goes off and blasts an adjacent lever across the water and you're shafted with nothing you could have done about it.)

So this is a very simple little mod wherein I went through the rooms.xml and magicboxRooms.xml files and simply did a find-replace with type="lever" and type="lever" can_push="0". I have not tested every room in the game, so I supposed there's some obscurely minimal chance that this might cause crashes somewhere for some reason, but I've played with it a bit and it seems to work as intended. So if you want to Eliminate Lever Screw, this is the mod for you. :)

Like the ECSRII, you unzip this in your base game directory and it will go out and replace all of the individual files in the correct folders. I hope. If you're paranoid, feel free to delve into said directories and rename the existing rooms.xml and magicBoxRooms.xml files first.

Attached Files:

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

...Yeah, I could probably stand to do this to all the official files.

Kazeto, mining and Essence like this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Wow, that was fast. And that would be cool. :)

Kazeto and mining like this.
  4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

But what could be cooler than making an escape lever out of the teleporters‽

Kazeto likes this.