Windows Vista/7 64-bit Mass Pitting Mechanism does nothing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Velorien, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Velorien

Velorien Member

To add lack of injury to the many insults that the Diggle Gods have heaped upon me so far, the special rooms with a warning book that says "Mass pitting mechanism above" do nothing when the lever is pulled.

2. BadBeat

BadBeat Member

I thought that too at first. Pulled it, nothing happened. Then I opened the door to the next room. It looked like a zoo. A good 30 monsters poured through the door. Could well be that theres now a room in your level somewhere full of monsters.

3. blob

blob Member

I think the same happened to me yeah.

4. Orion

Orion Member

Yeah, it seems to drop a large collection of high level monsters somewhere nearby. pull with caution.

5. Nick

Nick Member

I can confirm that.

6. Firgo

Firgo Member

I can confirm it with detail, when i pulled the lever a bunch of monsters spawned in the next room that i've already explored so i saw them spawn there

7. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

False negative I think. The mass pitting mechanism just puts a ton of monsters somewhere in the dungeon - not nessecarily (but often) where you are. Run around a bit and get ready to be suprised as 20+ corrupter golems come rushing towards you.

Oh yeah, and remember to cry as they tear your items apart

Killer2 likes this.
  8. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The monsters always seem to spawn to the south. If there is no room immediately to the south, no door or hallway for them to spawn in, they seem to get shunted to the next free space to the south. Then they jump you when you run across them later.

9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

As above-- it's almost always directly south of you. If there's a wall/nothing there you can actually destroy the walls to reveal monsters hiding in there.

10. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

It spawns 3 hordes (the squads/platoons/regiments etc that have a guy you can kill to make the others flee) south of the room, with the squad leaders adjacent to each other and the rest of their units scattered about the room. Sometimes it can behave strangely (misplace the monsters) if there's no south door, or if the room south is small, shaped oddly, or has blocking elements where the squad leaders should be.

Killer2 likes this.