Make Thrown Weapons a Warrior Skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mr_Strange, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Title says it all - I think throwing should be a Warrior-type skill.

mining likes this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Because?

3. Aegho

Aegho Member

Probably because damage scales with melee power.

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Probably that. Either way, it would be good to see something like that being given a reason by the one who proposes it.

5. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I support this motion.

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

What should be added to Rogue from Warrior to compensate? Or should we just make another Rogue skill and call it a day?

I propose the Rogue skill "Unforeseen Advantage" where any thrown or fired shot when killing a monster has a chance of ricocheting to another monster in range. Or any Rogue skill can do the same. The flavor text would be something to the effect of "You shot them and a part of their armor shot off and jabbed in the eye of the nearest monster." or something equally ridiculous.

7. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Yikes - why so salty?

There aren't any rules about why a skill should be one archetype or another - Smithing and Alchemy changed from Rogue-type to Warrior and Wizard-type respectively back in the day. This sort of thing is a "feel" issue, so it's not really about reason.

My gut says that when you practice hurling things you improve your brawn more than your dexterity.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not necessarily salty. GLG guys are just more likely to change things when you give them a reason alongside a suggestion.

Null likes this.
  9. mining

mining Member

I agree, if only because you throw axes, not arrows or bows ;).