Lots Of Money And No Good Items To Buy

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by rainbow, Jul 29, 2011.

1. rainbow

rainbow Member

I am currently overflowing in cash on Level 7 - 280,000 coins. However, I can never really buy anything good in the stores, especially for Wizards. Would it be possible to stick a good item where the chances of finding it are low in each store based on the Level that the player is on?

Thank you.

2. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

Meh, it's just RNG, and you got unlucky. That's part of the fun, sometimes you find stores that waste hundreds of thousands of gold, others that are completely worthless to the point of not wanting to look at the trash. I like it that way.

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@Patch One could argue that most roguelikes have a way of making the shop change it's inventory. :) While that would be annoying to do here, I wouldn't mind it if the game would act like ADOM and reset all the empty spots. That way, one could buy crap, and eventually end up with good stuff.
    That said, hundreds of thosands of gold? Wha? The most money I've ever used in a shop was 45 K for Doul's Possible sword.

4. Incendax

Incendax Member

The most expensive item I've seen in a shop was 113,000ish gold. I think it was a fairly well enchanted suit of Serpentine.